Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 7 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 7 Cspan_live_play-1

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 7 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives

+30
rubeNG
sbraney
sune
kalst13
X
trotter39
truth
KeeptheFaith
lendmeflight2
Tresa
laidoff2008
doreenb
kjps12
luvher_501
Jen
bassdisco
Phillymg
wowwhathappen
child of the King
MaryKayCoyne
TMKLBMT
stilllooking
G
elvis44102
mistermunster
unemployed2long/1208
Feyth
mrgolf
TomW
ET
34 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 7 Empty Re: Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives

Post by mistermunster Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Keep believing your government is transparent and completely honest to it's people. I've got a house on the moon I'll sell ya. The more they keep putting up a BS front the more they get away with. Just look at what they have done in 30 years. We're living it. And all that time it was "ITS OK FOLKS, Nothing to SEE here, keep spending your MONEY on useless things while we slowly adapt to a GLOBAL economy and do away with your JOBS, Homes and everything else you have behind closed doors. Yeah trust in the government who's leash is held by corporate pay masters.....right. affraid

Funny how our problem is outsourcing and manufacturing, yet not one has really stood up and fought this battle. Yeah, they are in our corner, you bet. Rolling Eyes
mistermunster
mistermunster
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 7 Empty Re: Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:46 pm

mistermunster wrote:Keep believing your government is transparent and completely honest to it's people. I've got a house on the moon I'll sell ya. The more they keep putting up a BS front the more they get away with. Just look at what they have done in 30 years. We're living it. And all that time it was "ITS OK FOLKS, Nothing to SEE here, keep spending your MONEY on useless things while we slowly adapt to a GLOBAL economy and do away with your JOBS, Homes and everything else you have behind closed doors. Yeah trust in the government who's leash is held by corporate pay masters.....right. affraid

Funny how our problem is outsourcing and manufacturing, yet not one has really stood up and fought this battle. Yeah, they are in our corner, you bet. Rolling Eyes

What a fudge#$G wake up call these last two years have been. That is all I can say?

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:56 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
mistermunster wrote:Keep believing your government is transparent and completely honest to it's people. I've got a house on the moon I'll sell ya. The more they keep putting up a BS front the more they get away with. Just look at what they have done in 30 years. We're living it. And all that time it was "ITS OK FOLKS, Nothing to SEE here, keep spending your MONEY on useless things while we slowly adapt to a GLOBAL economy and do away with your JOBS, Homes and everything else you have behind closed doors. Yeah trust in the government who's leash is held by corporate pay masters.....right. affraid

What a fudge#$G wake up call these last two years have been. That is all I can say?

Solve outsourcing and manufacturing problem and THEN there would BE no unemployed like we have. But no, SLAVERY is the order of the day and SLAVERY has been with us in one from or ANOTHER for thousands of years regardless of WHAT laws have been passed. Cheap, Enslave labor is at the root of the economic problems. Hell even here we are MORE of a wage SLAVE than ever. And WHO has the upper hand? The Corporate business masters. We are at their beck and call and we get the short end of the whip no thanks to the economy they wrecked and WAS unjustly enriched in doing so.
mistermunster
mistermunster
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wowwhathappen Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:09 am

this is crazy...............
some of us are coming up on one year since we ran out of funds.

I can not even get a 8.00 hr job....low on funds, lost many friends, family acts like it is me because they are all employed and do not understand what we are in...a full blown depression. Hell, I lost the best woman in the world because she never seen anything like this....folks, this is hell we are living.

Sorry for being down, but I do not see this bill seeing daylight for a long time....we need help now........what a country.....sent 3 bil to fight the dark side.....see how much of that money makes it to defend those countries.

There comes a time in life..... you sit there and just say...........W T F

wowwhathappen
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sune Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:42 am

wowwhathappen wrote:this is crazy...............
some of us are coming up on one year since we ran out of funds.

I can not even get a 8.00 hr job....low on funds, lost many friends, family acts like it is me because they are all employed and do not understand what we are in...a full blown depression. Hell, I lost the best woman in the world because she never seen anything like this....folks, this is hell we are living.

Sorry for being down, but I do not see this bill seeing daylight for a long time....we need help now........what a country.....sent 3 bil to fight the dark side.....see how much of that money makes it to defend those countries.

There comes a time in life..... you sit there and just say...........W T F

Live and feel your pain daily Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 7 951891

sune
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : 99er

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:24 pm

Solve outsourcing and manufacturing problem and THEN there would BE no
unemployed like we have. But no, SLAVERY is the order of the day and
SLAVERY has been with us in one from or ANOTHER
This country was founded upon slavery and genocide - the frequent FED engineered recessions serve to "reset" wages - currently, the jobs that I'm seeing are paying what they did in the 80s but with NO or reduced benefits - part time to boot in an economy where the cost of everything has doubled. Great country if you're independently wealthy.

I can not even get a 8.00 hr job....low on funds, lost many friends,
family acts like it is me because they are all employed and do not
understand what we are in...a full blown depression.
I blame the lack of empathy on the media - even discussion of the 99ers still does not accurately describe them - I've had to explain it repeatedly to friends/family that will still listen, but most Americans believe that 99ers are people who have had 99 paid weeks off. Another issue is the true unemployment rate - did anyone see where the gov now considers an acceptable rate to be 6.7%?? This ensures that there will be plenty of workers competing for few jobs which is an entrepreneur's dream - workers who are desperate to work for anything. As more people exhaust UI benefits the rate will quickly reach that target - as we will be considered "employed" according to their method of calculating, i.e., once you've exhausted all eligibility for benefits you automatically move to the "employed" category which is the real and predictable reason for the reduced rate. I'm certain now that the only way that we can change the economic situation in this country is to join the protesters.

sbraney
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Editorial challenging moderate Repubs to cosponsor HR589--

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/7775582/2011_unemployment_extension_hr_589.html

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:02 pm

So what happens now to the 99er HR589?
I also am discouraged. I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. Reading articles about no one hiring the long termed unemployed, which includes me...what is to happen to us?
When will there be an outcome for this bill?
Anyone know..if it will ever get out of committee?
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : 99er, Graphic Designer, Fine Artist, Scuba Diver, Swimmer, Tennis

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post by rubeNG Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:51 pm

ET, I sure do hope it comes out of committee. We all know what happened to other bill that got stuck there and never came out.
rubeNG
rubeNG
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:46 pm

ET wrote:So what happens now to the 99er HR589?
I also am discouraged. I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. Reading articles about no one hiring the long termed unemployed, which includes me...what is to happen to us?
No one knows the answer to that right now. The bill needs some Republican support
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:47 pm

rubeNG wrote:ET, I sure do hope it comes out of committee. We all know what happened to other bill that got stuck there and never came out.
The bad news is that most bills never come out of committee. We need to keep pushing the Republicans who are from high unemployment didtricts.
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:02 pm

mrgolf wrote:
No one knows the answer to that right now. The bill needs some Republican support
No it doesn't, the Repugs need to be removed from office by force and replaced by Dems. Then things will move along. Twisted Evil
mistermunster
mistermunster
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Low income and middle class people want them so I guess they are here to stay.

scratch
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:42 pm

mistermunster wrote:
mrgolf wrote:
No it doesn't, the Repugs need to be removed from office by force and replaced by Dems. Then things will move along. Twisted Evil
The words I want Mitch to utter.........sorry my face got in the way of your foot!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by rubeNG Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:27 pm

mrgolf wrote:
rubeNG wrote:ET, I sure do hope it comes out of committee. We all know what happened to other bill that got stuck there and never came out.
The bad news is that most bills never come out of committee. We need to keep pushing the Republicans who are from high unemployment didtricts.

If a lot of bill don't come out of them, then why even have those committees? confused
rubeNG
rubeNG
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:24 am

Just asking here. What are your opinions of seeing any action on this bill next week?

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:40 am

nuttin2lose wrote:Just asking here. What are your opinions of seeing any action on this bill next week?
I don't know. I'm going to check out G's site and see if there are any new updates.
Sad Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 7 443306
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tazzy2 Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:45 am

nuttin2lose wrote:Just asking here. What are your opinions of seeing any action on this bill next week?

i think anything before march 4 noway budget dead line
tazzy2
tazzy2
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:46 am

Yeah not holding out much hope for any action myself net week.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by child of the King Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:11 pm

I am still hopeful that HR589 will make it out of committee in the near future. Ms Lee seems to know what she's doing. The Ways & Means Committee will continue to hear from me as long as it takes.The Republicans may choose to ignore us,but they can't say they don't know about us!
child of the King
child of the King
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Reading . Can't afford anything else!

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:28 pm

Thanks child, just looking for ANYTHING to hang some hopes on.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:13 pm

Jen wrote:
I don't know. I'm going to check out G's site and see if there are any new updates.
Sad Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 7 443306
here is the latest post from the American 99ers Union website
*UPDATE 2/25/2011*
BREAKING NEWS..

REINTRODUCTION OF
THE EMERGENCY UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION EXPANSION ACT
IS A REALITY...
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:38 pm

mrgolf wrote:
Jen wrote:
here is the latest post from the American 99ers Union website
*UPDATE 2/25/2011*
BREAKING NEWS..

REINTRODUCTION OF
THE EMERGENCY UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION EXPANSION ACT
IS A REALITY...

We now have 69 co-sponsors, please everyone keep contacting your Reps!!!!! Its working!!!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:49 pm

I'll get excited when we get our first Republican co-sponsor
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:54 pm

I am not being negative at all with this question but I like others am trying to find something to hang hope's on and something that is clear evidence of a possible passage! Especially when they are cutting public job's and cutting budgets to heck and cutting spending and more. How can I feel positive with these facts and what or why would compel them to pass 589 and grant more weeks. Doesn't make sense! I am only asking for helpful input to try to be optimistic! Thanks,
I guess this is saying what Golf is saying, until they get more opposition support, its Bla!!!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next