Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 3 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 3 Cspan_live_play-1

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 3 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives

+30
rubeNG
sbraney
sune
kalst13
X
trotter39
truth
KeeptheFaith
lendmeflight2
Tresa
laidoff2008
doreenb
kjps12
luvher_501
Jen
bassdisco
Phillymg
wowwhathappen
child of the King
MaryKayCoyne
TMKLBMT
stilllooking
G
elvis44102
mistermunster
unemployed2long/1208
Feyth
mrgolf
TomW
ET
34 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 3 Empty Re: Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives

Post by elvis44102 Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:21 pm

doreenb

""Thanks! I missed everyone!!! No one told me there was a new site, what happened to the old one???""

1) Outsourced
2) Pink slipped
3) Laid off
4) Don't ask don't tell

Take your pick
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 3 Empty Re: Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives

Post by Jen Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:22 pm

doreenb wrote:
Jen wrote:
doreenb wrote:
kjps12 wrote:o yea the benefit year ending thing is approaching fast also.another problem
What if your benefit year ended will you still get a letter and the 14 weeks?
Glad you finally found us!!! cheers
I don't know how it would work. I would imagine that they would make us file for the new benefit year and then get denied and then get moved onto the extension like they did last year in the middle of the other extensions.

Thanks! I missed everyone!!! No one told me there was a new site, what happened to the old one???
They still had that site up for a couple of days with their final message on there that people could read but, people couldn't do anything on it. The message said something about them not being about to keep up with it anymore or something. So, everyone went to G's forum and gathered and CiK started this one and everyone has been posting the link to this everywhere and a lot of people have found it. People have been looking for you. How did you find it? Very Happy
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Jen wrote:
doreenb wrote:
Jen wrote:
doreenb wrote:
kjps12 wrote:o yea the benefit year ending thing is approaching fast also.another problem
I don't know how it would work. I would imagine that they would make us file for the new benefit year and then get denied and then get moved onto the extension like they did last year in the middle of the other extensions.

Thanks! I missed everyone!!! No one told me there was a new site, what happened to the old one???
They still had that site up for a couple of days with their final message on there that people could read but, people couldn't do anything on it. The message said something about them not being about to keep up with it anymore or something. So, everyone went to G's forum and gathered and CiK started this one and everyone has been posting the link to this everywhere and a lot of people have found it. People have been looking for you. How did you find it? Very Happy

Google! lol! Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 3 829996

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by laidoff2008 Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:09 pm

Jen wrote:
doreenb wrote:

This benefit year ending thing has me worried also. Do benefit years coincide with calendar years?

I received my last UI check/became a 99 in sept of 2010. Does that mean my last benefit year (2010) expired as
the calendar year went to 2011?

Sorry for my ignorance.

laidoff2008
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:13 pm

laidoff2008 wrote:
Jen wrote:
doreenb wrote:

This benefit year ending thing has me worried also. Do benefit years coincide with calendar years?

I received my last UI check/became a 99 in sept of 2010. Does that mean my last benefit year (2010) expired as
the calendar year went to 2011?

Sorry for my ignorance.
The benefit year started on the date that you very first filed a claim. I
don't think it is something we should worry about because they moved us
onto the past extensions after we had been drawing for a year and
changed our benefit year ending dates so, I don't see why it wouldn't be
done that way again.
Welcome!!!! Glad you found us.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:16 pm

elvis44102 wrote:doreenb

""Thanks! I missed everyone!!! No one told me there was a new site, what happened to the old one???""

1) Outsourced
2) Pink slipped
3) Laid off
4) Don't ask don't tell

Take your pick
Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 3 630201
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:09 am

Is anyone concerned about this bill? I have heard that an amendment to the budget, similar to Rep. Lee's bill, has been introduced. But, I'm concerned because I heard that unless a Republican signs on to the bill that it stands little chance of even making it to the committee.While I can't remember where I read it, I think it was on the Huffington Post site.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:43 am

kemcha wrote:Is anyone concerned about this bill? I have heard that an amendment to the budget, similar to Rep. Lee's bill, has been introduced. But, I'm concerned because I heard that unless a Republican signs on to the bill that it stands little chance of even making it to the committee.While I can't remember where I read it, I think it was on the Huffington Post site.
It is just common sense that if the bill doesn't have Republican support it has no chance to get out of committee.

To answer your question, there are quite a few people that are concerned about this bill.
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tresa Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:52 am

mrgolf wrote:
kemcha wrote:Is anyone concerned about this bill? I have heard that an amendment to the budget, similar to Rep. Lee's bill, has been introduced. But, I'm concerned because I heard that unless a Republican signs on to the bill that it stands little chance of even making it to the committee.While I can't remember where I read it, I think it was on the Huffington Post site.
It is just common sense that if the bill doesn't have Republican support it has no chance to get out of committee.

To answer your question, there are quite a few people that are concerned about this bill.

it comes down to: Please GOD, pass the bill.
Tresa
Tresa
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Bite Training My Pup!

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:22 am

An amendment to the budget won't work by itself. The republicans are cutting services left and right and the tea party wants even more. They will cut aid for the 99ers right back out. It has to be attached to something they have to get passed.

If it is stuck into the budget they could push it to the last day before the government shutdown and hope that the republicans flinch and won't shut the government down because they can't have the budget they want.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:49 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:An amendment to the budget won't work by itself. The republicans are cutting services left and right and the tea party wants even more. They will cut aid for the 99ers right back out. It has to be attached to something they have to get passed.

If it is stuck into the budget they could push it to the last day before the government shutdown and hope that the republicans flinch and won't shut the government down because they can't have the budget they want.
When does the budget have to be passed to prevent the shutdown?
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:52 am

I think it's march the 4th or 5Th. I know it's in the first week in March.

In any event, I am sure the democrats will let the republicans outsmart them yet again, just like they did with the filibuster rule in the senate. They could have totally removed that but, of course, the republicans out maneuvered them yet again.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:57 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:I think it's march the 4th or 5Th. I know it's in the first week in March.

In any event, I am sure the democrats will let the republicans outsmart them yet again, just like they did with the filibuster rule in the senate. They could have totally removed that but, of course, the republicans out maneuvered them yet again.
I don't believe that it is a matter of being outsmarted. I believe that they are really working together to destroy this country on purpose on behalf of the corporations and banks that line their pockets.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:59 am

Well, they could be. However, if they were working together you would think that they could easily do whatever they want. I think they are against each other but because of their loyalty to big business it makes them inherently anti-working class.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:01 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:Well, they could be. However, if they were working together you would think that they could easily do whatever they want. I think they are against each other but because of their loyalty to big business it makes them inherently anti-working class.
They have to keep the show going for the sheeple. The Senate is like watching professional wrestling.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:09 am

Well, you know I don't totally buy the New world order theory but I will admit that it's at least possible. You would think that, with the power that the iluminati or whatever has, that bringing about a global government would be easier for them to accomplish.

I do believe that the last real president that our country had was Kennedy and that was the reason he was killed. I think all presidents since have been approved by some shadow government.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:18 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:Well, you know I don't totally buy the New world order theory but I will admit that it's at least possible. You would think that, with the power that the iluminati or whatever has, that bringing about a global government would be easier for them to accomplish.

I do believe that the last real president that our country had was Kennedy and that was the reason he was killed. I think all presidents since have been approved by some shadow government.
Then you do know what's going on. Your second paragraph contradicts your first one.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:40 am

This country is owned and operated by Big business and outside countries. Our government is controlled by the money that rules this country. On its own,our government is powerless. This is the way I see the USA today.
If our government really had power, there would be fines, penalties, tariffs put on businesses that outsource.
If the government had any power at all, there would be a decent wage for every worker in this country.
If our government was in power, we would all have jobs, a place to live, food on our tables, health-care.
The government does not have this power.
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : 99er, Graphic Designer, Fine Artist, Scuba Diver, Swimmer, Tennis

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:42 am

This country has always been controlled by big business. Our country seems to run on the motto that "money is power." If you don't have money, and I mean serious money, then you're just another cog in the machine.I don't know if this is how it's always been but the Democrats and the Republicans have never been about the American People. I think they constantly have the "People" brainwashed into thinking that the "People" have the power.I just wish that it were true that we did have the power to change things with our vote. Thing is, that even the election process is rigged. Just take a look at the election for President. The "General Election" should be who decides who the President is, but, it isn't. It's the "Washington Power Elite" who decides who the President is and these are whoever holds a vote in the "Electoral College" and they are very selective at who gets to vote via that "Special Election." Let's face the facts, the "Electoral College" is nothing more than a special election.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:47 am

Well, it looks like the amendment that Rep Lee attached to the budget has failed:
http://www.mlive.com/jobs/index.ssf/2011/02/99er_unemployment_extension_amendment_to.html

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:26 am

kemcha wrote:Well, it looks like the amendment that Rep Lee attached to the budget has failed:
[url=http://www.mlive.com/jobs/index.ssf/2011/02/99er_unemployment_extension_amendment_to.html
http://www.mlive.com/jobs/index.ssf/2011/02/99er_unemployment_extension_amendment_to.html[/quote[/url]]

Not good!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:30 am

This doesn't look so good for the actual bill either. I just hope that Republicans can come to their senses and realize that if the bill isn't passed that it could have dire consequences on our economy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:33 am

[quote="doreenb"]
kemcha wrote:Well, it looks like the amendment that Rep Lee attached to the budget has failed:
http://www.mlive.com/jobs/index.ssf/2011/02/99er_unemployment_extension_amendment_to.html[/quote]

Not good!

Here are the transcripts from early this morning. It is only a
technicality and it is still in Committee. Things like this happen to
almost every bill. DON'T PANIC!

http://clerk.house.gov/floorsummary/floor.html

Rep. Lee has indicated that she is willing to offset the $16 billion
dollar cost of the extension. A willingness that will now prove vital as
Rep. Lee courts GOP co-sponsors and support.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:40 am

I wasn't referring to the actual bill, I was referring to the budget amendment.

lols

Back to top Go down

Post by TMKLBMT Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:42 am

Desperate....the quote about about Rep lee offsetting the 16 billion. Where is that from?

I used the link and read the floor summary stuff but did not see anything like that. Is it on record somewhere?

TMKLBMT
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next