Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 8 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 8 Cspan_live_play-1

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 8 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives

+30
rubeNG
sbraney
sune
kalst13
X
trotter39
truth
KeeptheFaith
lendmeflight2
Tresa
laidoff2008
doreenb
kjps12
luvher_501
Jen
bassdisco
Phillymg
wowwhathappen
child of the King
MaryKayCoyne
TMKLBMT
stilllooking
G
elvis44102
mistermunster
unemployed2long/1208
Feyth
mrgolf
TomW
ET
34 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 8 Empty Re: Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives

Post by nuttin2lose Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi 1208, negative, positive no longer matter to me. I need help and I need it now!!

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 8 Empty Re: Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:05 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:Hi 1208, negative, positive no longer matter to me. I need help and I need it now!!

I know where you are at and I, as many also do.. very many like you and it is very frightening I know! I hope the best for you and all!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by wowwhathappen Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:09 pm

I just do not see this bill passing
I have been around since tier2 on the other site
back then you saw movement, heard things everyday be it good or bad
now we hear nothing and it we only hear how this country is helping everyone else but the people in this country.

If you think I am wrong, please tell me why you think this bill will pass................

wowwhathappen
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:24 pm

mrgolf wrote:I'll get excited when we get our first Republican co-sponsor

Get to work and start contacting them!!!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:52 pm

doreenb wrote:

Have been. My Congresswoman is a Republican but voted YES on 4213 and I have contacted her several times. I know she wouldn't go for it unless it is funded. (It isn't at this time)

I do not question Barbara Lee's intentions but I do question her strategy. What part of "extensions must be paid for" didn't she understand?
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:10 pm

mrgolf wrote:
doreenb wrote:

Have been. My Congresswoman is a Republican but voted YES on 4213 and I have contacted her several times. I know she wouldn't go for it unless it is funded. (It isn't at this time)

I do not question Barbara Lee's intentions but I do question her strategy. What part of "extensions must be paid for" didn't she understand?

at this point, it time to pay for it. The got the other extension not paid for and out of the way so, it's time to cave on this.
mistermunster
mistermunster
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMKLBMT Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:23 pm

I still say that the only way there will be any extension is to save the economy from a double dip recession. With that being said....I really am afraid that we are going to see that happen too!

Its like everyone else has forgot what happened a couple years ago...they've had a job and its too far back for them...but I remember it like it was yesterday. The gas prices started climbing....EVERYTHING went up- groceries, garbage pick up- everything! People started feeling the pinch and had to tighten their belts...some couldn't tighten them enough- and the house payments were not being made.... FORECLOSURES like crazy and businesses dropping jobs or like in my case- closing up all together. My husband works in the auto industry- high gas prices = no one buying trucks (his primary work)....we went from 2 jobs- me making bonuses and him with overtime available to my job GONE (gave us the notice and the next day a bonus check for prior month outstanding performance numbers ...what??!?), and him cut to 32 hours a week and had to work different odd shifts to get that every week. I see a repeat coming with the gas prices out of control.

If I am right then once they see the the decline they will be looking for anything with a stimulus impact to try to save their own butts....and maybe then we will see some help. No one cares what happens to us in the meanwhile. The only extension will be to save their jobs- which they can't keep if the economy topples again- they will not give us one to help us.

TMKLBMT
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:44 pm

mrgolf wrote:
I should have prefaced this with I am no expert. Who knows, maybe her strategy is brilliant. Maybe she has something up her sleeve and we will see it before March 4th
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:40 pm

mrgolf wrote:
mrgolf wrote:
I should have prefaced this with I am no expert. Who knows, maybe her strategy is brilliant. Maybe she has something up her sleeve and we will see it before March 4th

I am right with you! However she could have multiple strategical plans! If she has at all! However unless she has the votes nothing else matters at all! There is no strategy to replace that format!
Bottom Line!!! I think personally she took a emotional issue and took a fight to the floor introduced it and now no matter of ANY strategy the one that counts is the final votes.. AND the bill has to come out of the finance committee to go to the next step! So If anyone has that magical message showing where she has everything in place and its a matter of the president signing it, please show me or tell me! Yes! She could have some dirt on a lot of repubs. and maybe that will be what it takes! there is plenty of that to go around!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:46 pm

TMKLBMT wrote:I still say that the only way there will be any extension is to save the economy from a double dip recession. With that being said....I really am afraid that we are going to see that happen too!

Its like everyone else has forgot what happened a couple years ago...they've had a job and its too far back for them...but I remember it like it was yesterday. The gas prices started climbing....EVERYTHING went up- groceries, garbage pick up- everything! People started feeling the pinch and had to tighten their belts...some couldn't tighten them enough- and the house payments were not being made.... FORECLOSURES like crazy and businesses dropping jobs or like in my case- closing up all together. My husband works in the auto industry- high gas prices = no one buying trucks (his primary work)....we went from 2 jobs- me making bonuses and him with overtime available to my job GONE (gave us the notice and the next day a bonus check for prior month outstanding performance numbers ...what??!?), and him cut to 32 hours a week and had to work different odd shifts to get that every week. I see a repeat coming with the gas prices out of control.

If I am right then once they see the the decline they will be looking for anything with a stimulus impact to try to save their own butts....and maybe then we will see some help. No one cares what happens to us in the meanwhile. The only extension will be to save their jobs- which they can't keep if the economy topples again- they will not give us one to help us.

In 2006/07 when the recession started then 2007 late or 2008 gas just sent the recession into high gear. Then everything collapsed around it! If gas prices doesn't recover very quickly then soon the presidents (So called recovery) will be a very short lived one! I will be anxious to see how he deals with that! I have no doubt it will be how wonderful things are and unemployment drops magically and things are great will be in the offing!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:52 pm

No reply's??
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:09 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:No reply's??
Did you say something? lol!
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:33 pm

gotta get my post count up!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:35 pm

Thats too funny!
Kathy
Kathy
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:24 am

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:gotta get my post count up!
Then you would prefer it that I not go through and randomly delete some of your posts? lol!
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:05 am

Jen already did that!!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:05 am

Ask her!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:26 am

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:Jen already did that!!
Which Jenny? lol!
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:29 am

Sorry to all for getting off topic. Here is helpful post from Gregg Rosen (G)

In case there is some confusion out there:

1) The Bill is titled, The Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act.

2) The funding that was first looked at was from the Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2008 (section 4).

3) The bill is not headed to the floor yet. They are still gathering additional Co-Sponsors and they are working on the Republicans. There is some discussion that there are Republicans who support this bill. BUT, they are each trying to decide who will be the first to show public support and when it would be best to do so.

4) When I first started releasing some of the information that came as a result of the discussions the American 99ers Union were having with Rep. Lee and her Staff, folks kept asking, "how long do we have to wait?". I understand that time is a valuable commodity and one that is in short supply right now. At the same time, please understand that creating the plan of attack to fight the good fight, meant that this bill would not be pushed along for the sake of some positive, short term public relations.

5) I say this as a point of fact and without ego... Do not believe every article and rumor that comes down the pike. I don't believe that there are many out there that have spent the last month in discussion with Rep. Lee's Office as relates to this bill and the way in which things would unfold. No, there are no guarantees that this bill will be legislated. At the same time, every effort is being made and there is a "method to their madness".

G
Admin

mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:07 am

OooooooK! Great!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:25 am

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:Jen already did that!!
I told you that it wasn't just your posts and that is was whole old threads. I told you I was sorry that it bumped you off of the top posters. Just keep posting and you'll get back on there. Very Happy
lol! Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 8 898231
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:10 pm

OK, I may just post "Ditto" many times.. that will do it!! Remember my replies to Mrg are humorous and not complaints! Well a little! Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 8 951891
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:11 pm

Great emotion cons!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Now they're rising to higher count! Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 8 630201
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wowwhathappen Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:38 pm

this bill is becoming a real joke
tell them not to worry......none of us will be around if this bill is ever passed.

what a joke.....it will never see the floor
can not get any worse then hoping for relief that is not there.................

wowwhathappen
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8