Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? Cspan_live_play-1

Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Snail Mail Campaign? Thoughts?

+5
Kathy
Patriot
Gigi
JaneWI
concernedinKY
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? Empty Snail Mail Campaign? Thoughts?

Post by concernedinKY Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:50 pm

Okay. We have two weeks that they're gone. Everyone needs to keep putting the pressure on with emails, flood those in boxes.

But, two weeks is long enough to get through with snail mail. Why snail mail? Because it's real, it's tangible, it takes up space, it can be thrown in the trash, but it can't be easily deleted with the press of a button. I think we should send everything from pictures of our families, to resumes, to our stories, to our unpaid bills, to David Camp via snail mail. Every envelope should have (in big red letters) MEMBER OF THE AMERICAN 99ERS UNION on it somewhere.

concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? Empty Re: Snail Mail Campaign? Thoughts?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:53 pm

I think that is an excellent idea!

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:00 pm

Really great idea that doesn't need to cost a lot of money. Smile
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Camp is where it all rests currently. He has to make the move to get the thing out of committee. We could do the same with Boehner as well, but if you can only afford one or the other (I know that even the price of stamps is a little too much for some of us) then focus on David Camp. Maybe include a short, hand written note along with whatever else you send?

I can draft something here in a bit. Maybe I'm just old fashioned before my time, but snail mail just, to me, makes it more personal.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:05 pm

I think its important to always state we are members of the American 99ers union (in red) on both the letter and the envelope but I also like Gigi's idea of a forum letterhead for the letters.

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:08 pm

Mr. G? You talk to Gregg Rosen via email a lot. Can you run this idea past him?
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Washington D.C. Office:
341 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: 202-225-3561
Fax: 202-225-9679

Camp's DC office address.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigi Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? 204917 Sounds good to me! Anything different is my approach to the idea. The name of the organization and maybe the logo should standout on the letter. This is what the representatives look at on the letter or memo. It will stand out and that is what we need, now.

Last edited by Gigi on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:45 pm

concernedinKY wrote:Mr. G? You talk to Gregg Rosen via email a lot. Can you run this idea past him?

If I am not mistaken, that is Gregg, Mr G. Dont know that he talks to himself a lot though!

Here's his e-mail address, so feel free to talk to him directly. Nice guy!

accessgr@comcast.net

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:06 pm

I meant mrgolf.

Very Happy
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:15 pm

concernedinKY wrote:I meant mrgolf.

Very Happy

Guess I take the title of the slow one here! Sorry!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:20 pm

Anyone think it makes a difference if it's handwritten rather than just a typed, copy/paste letter?

Maybe a handwritten intro?

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:36 pm

I don't think its a good idea financially speaking because stamps are 44 cents a piece and no guarantee they will even get them as the 3rd staffers will and probably put them in file 13. I go with the several TWEET-SWEEPS these 2 weeks because they're instant with a clear message seen by ALL.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Patriot wrote:I don't think its a good idea financially speaking because stamps are 44 cents a piece and no guarantee they will even get them as the 3rd staffers will and probably put them in file 13. I go with the several TWEET-SWEEPS these 2 weeks because they're instant with a clear message seen by ALL.

I'm not implying that we should stop those efforts, far from it. But if we could get thousands of 99ers to send physical mail to David Camp, I do think it will get noticed. Emails and tweets are excellent ways to get the message across, but physical mail is something that can.. well.. be seen, felt, counted.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:39 pm

concernedinKY wrote:
Patriot wrote:I don't think its a good idea financially speaking because stamps are 44 cents a piece and no guarantee they will even get them as the 3rd staffers will and probably put them in file 13. I go with the several TWEET-SWEEPS these 2 weeks because they're instant with a clear message seen by ALL.

I'm not implying that we should stop those efforts, far from it. But if we could get thousands of 99ers to send physical mail to David Camp, I do think it will get noticed. Emails and tweets are excellent ways to get the message across, but physical mail is something that can.. well.. be seen, felt, counted.

I agree, real mail is tangible. Also I think it is just one more avenue of contact and we should pursue all avenues to reach them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:05 pm

Ths might be a really good idea. They cant easily ignore enormous amounts of mail. Kind of like in the movie Miracle on 34th Street where Santa gets all those bags of mail from the post office sent to the court house.

I am in. I will start writing. How about if each of us unemployed were to send a letter to the news stations. That would maybe get their attention!
Kathy
Kathy
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigi Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:09 pm

I like you're comments, Kathy. Not only send letters to our representatives but also to news stations. That will get their attention.
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:51 pm

concernedinKY wrote:Washington D.C. Office:
341 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: 202-225-3561
Fax: 202-225-9679

Camp's DC office address.

Do you also have an address for Boehner?

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:46 am

One problem could be the delivery time. It takes many weeks to receive snail mail to the Pres and other reps due to anthrax threats and other harmful mail so the delivery could be delayed possibly up to 7 weeks. Something to consider and should be checked out first not to waste precious time. Our time and effort is valuable. Just a thought. Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? 924746
Riled American
Riled American
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:16 am

Sending mine on Monday, the price of a stamp is well worth the hope that they receive it within two weeks.

Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? 618340 Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? 560370

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:21 pm

concernedinKY wrote:Mr. G? You talk to Gregg Rosen via email a lot. Can you run this idea past him?
Will do. Only problem I see with it is security problems
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by L.Montana Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi all,sorry,I've been tied up with an elderly friend of mine who's been having some family issues. Sad But I think this is a GOOD idea,a while back,on the other forum,I wrote about a mail in campaign.....don't think any one responded (but then,I guess it wasn't the "right" time!) Next to me,right now I have 3 penny postcards,dated Jan 31 & March 21 &24,1934.These were found in an attic in White Cloud,MI in a house that my Mother in Law renovated. Each of these are addressed to "The United States Employment Bureau" They all say pretty much on the backs,thee one dated March 21,1934,says "Dear Sir--I have only had thirteen and one half daays work since Sept.Will you please register my name for work.I have been wishing for work so that we wouldn't have tp depend on the welfare which we are doing now.Yours truly,Wm R Sherman,Newaygo R3"
Ok,so we know,most of aren't getting "welfare" No BUT if some of us can't afford to mail a regular letter......we should be able to afford a plain postcard (don't think they're a penny anymore!) But I think a mail in is worth it.........and maybe if we did do something like just postcards......they wouldn't have to check them all for anthrax or some such b.s....maybe keep thee post cards short & sweet,"my name is so & so,I've been out of work since XX-XX-XX and my unemployment ran out XX-XX-XX,we have yet to find ANY WORK,we need a JOB or HELP,sincerly _____,and my job qualifications are XXXXX,,,,,,,but like my daughter says.....they're not going to help,it would cost to much, No Lori

L.Montana
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:36 pm

L.Montana wrote:Hi all,sorry,I've been tied up with an elderly friend of mine who's been having some family issues. Sad But I think this is a GOOD idea,a while back,on the other forum,I wrote about a mail in campaign.....don't think any one responded (but then,I guess it wasn't the "right" time!) Next to me,right now I have 3 penny postcards,dated Jan 31 & March 21 &24,1934.These were found in an attic in White Cloud,MI in a house that my Mother in Law renovated. Each of these are addressed to "The United States Employment Bureau" They all say pretty much on the backs,thee one dated March 21,1934,says "Dear Sir--I have only had thirteen and one half daays work since Sept.Will you please register my name for work.I have been wishing for work so that we wouldn't have tp depend on the welfare which we are doing now.Yours truly,Wm R Sherman,Newaygo R3"
Ok,so we know,most of aren't getting "welfare" No BUT if some of us can't afford to mail a regular letter......we should be able to afford a plain postcard (don't think they're a penny anymore!) But I think a mail in is worth it.........and maybe if we did do something like just postcards......they wouldn't have to check them all for anthrax or some such b.s....maybe keep thee post cards short & sweet,"my name is so & so,I've been out of work since XX-XX-XX and my unemployment ran out XX-XX-XX,we have yet to find ANY WORK,we need a JOB or HELP,sincerly _____,and my job qualifications are XXXXX,,,,,,,but like my daughter says.....they're not going to help,it would cost to much, No Lori

I like this idea. Short and sweet is best, I've always said that. Postcards. Just remember to put Member of the American 99ers Union on them in bright red, so we can show them a united front.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Dear Mr. Camp,

I am a MEMBER OF THE AMERICAN 99ERS UNION. I am one of millions of America's long term unemployed. I exhausted the available benefits in my state on _______. As an American citizen and registered voter, I must insist that you bring H.R.589 to the floor for consideration without delay. America needs JOBS, but until those promised jobs are created, they need a lifeline to provide the most basic of needs for their families. Unemployment benefits have been proven to be one of the most effective ways to stimulate the economy. Help us to help our nation through this recession.

Your name here.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Nice and too the point. Smile
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next