Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? - Page 2 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? - Page 2 Cspan_live_play-1

Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? - Page 2 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Snail Mail Campaign? Thoughts?

+5
Kathy
Patriot
Gigi
JaneWI
concernedinKY
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: Snail Mail Campaign? Thoughts?

Post by mrgolf Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:38 pm

concernedinKY wrote:Mr. G? You talk to Gregg Rosen via email a lot. Can you run this idea past him?
I just sent Gregg an email with your idea
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: Snail Mail Campaign? Thoughts?

Post by L.Montana Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:03 pm

concernedinKY wrote:Dear Mr. Camp,

I am a MEMBER OF THE AMERICAN 99ERS UNION. I am one of millions of America's long term unemployed. I exhausted the available benefits in my state on _______. As an American citizen and registered voter, I must insist that you bring H.R.589 to the floor for consideration without delay. America needs JOBS, but until those promised jobs are created, they need a lifeline to provide the most basic of needs for their families. Unemployment benefits have been proven to be one of the most effective ways to stimulate the economy. Help us to help our nation through this recession.

Your name here.

I like it.........I'm going to town tomarrow,and I'll grab enough postcards for everybody here who's unemployed & or exhausted their benifits.Maybe I'll get enough to also send one each to my senators Question .Not they've helped any so far....but maybe worth the few cents?
I do think the postcards will cut down on the whole "search thru the envelope" delay thing.
Lets do this!!! United we stand Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? - Page 2 320446 Lori

L.Montana
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:50 am

We are making a difference as it is with emails and faxes and tweets also viewers. In the 21st century they call it "Snail Mail" for a reason and with tax season ending it just doesn't seem logical to go that route. What gets the MOST attention it is not snail mail from other states. Call a Rep or 2 and ask them, they will tell you calls and emails mainstream media.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:37 am

I like the postcard idea. Patriot, what if we send snail mail and still do the faxes, emails and calls?

Even just 1 letter or postcard sent from every unemployed person would really add up when they are all delivered! I would love to see their faces when they get millions of postcards and letters!
Kathy
Kathy
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:21 am

Postards seem like a good idea to me for security reasons. Too bad if we sent letters with photos and resumes they would never get delivered.
Snail Mail Campaign?  Thoughts? - Page 2 PF-00065-C
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:58 am

Patriot wrote:We are making a difference as it is with emails and faxes and tweets also viewers. In the 21st century they call it "Snail Mail" for a reason and with tax season ending it just doesn't seem logical to go that route. What gets the MOST attention it is not snail mail from other states. Call a Rep or 2 and ask them, they will tell you calls and emails mainstream media.

I agree that calls are most effective. They have to or they are supposed to, log each one so you know they were received and on record.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:26 pm

I sent a postcard to Cantor today, hope he gets it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:56 pm

Well bought a book of 10 stamps and it cost me $5 so I can't afford to do this, 5 stamps are gone to paying bills so count be out I can't afford this avenue its too expensive!
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2