Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20 Cspan_live_play-1

ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20 Empty ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20

Post by aloneinpa Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:59 am

I'm sharing this information courtesy of the folks from Unemployed Friends 2.0, many thanks to DesperateInRI, Dazed&Confused, and any others who have worked to get this information and put it into a user friendly format for Pennsylvanians to use in contacting our state legislators. Time is of essence here, so please work to get this information out each and every day. Please report back once you have emailed this out, EACH DAY. We need to keep the pressure on them to act, or EB for PA will be cut off.
This format can also be used for other states in the same situation (NC and TN), you will just need to attain the email addys of your states' legislators.

IF YOU LIVE IN PA, HERE IS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO WRITE ALL THE SENATOR IN ONE SINGLE EMAIL. ALL THE EMAIL ADDRESS, HOW TO BCC, THE LETTER, ALL BY SENDING ONE EMAIL. JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS PLEASE AND LET ME KNOW YOU HAVE DONE THIS. I SUGGEST YOU WIRE ANOTHER EMAIL EVERYDAY, FILL THEIR EMAIL ACCOUNTS UP ASKING THEM TO PASS SB 944. IF YOU CAN'T DO THIS SIMPLE ALL EXPLAINED ONE EMAIL THEN I GUESS WE DO NOT DESERVE EB. WILL YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOU HAVE TAKEN CARE OF THIS

Here is a list of all the Senator in Pennsylvania. I feel, since many do not know of our issue, that we should write to all of them now and ask them to discuss with each other what it will be like in June when 45,000 will lose EB and another 15,000 in July. Maybe you don't think this is you, but it will be. So what you have to do is in you BCC (NOT THE CC AREA) put all of these name, just copy them and put them in. Here they are:

alloway@pasen.gov; dargall@pasen.gov; lbaker@pasen.gov; lbaker@pasen.gov; senatorblake@pasenate.com; boscola@pasenate.com; brewster@pasenate.com; pbrowne@pasen.gov; mbrubaker@pasen.gov; jcorman@pasen.gov; jcorman@pasen.gov; costa@pasenate.com; andy@pasenate.com; jearll@pasen.gov; jeichelberger@pasen.gov; eerickson@pasen.gov; eerickson@pasen.gov; ferlo@pasenate.com; mfolmer@pasen.gov; fontana@pasenate.com; jgordner@pasen.gov; sgreenleaf@pasen.gov; hughes@pasenate.com; hughes@pasenate.com; cmcilhinney@pasen.gov; bmensch@pasen.gov; jorie@pasen.gov; jpiccola@pasen.gov; dpileggi@pasen.govjpippy@pasen.gov; jrafferty@pasen.gov; jscarnati@pasen.gov; lsmucker@pasen.gov; stack@pasenate.com; tartaglione@pasenate.com; rtomlinson@pasen.gov; vance@pasen.gov; kward@pasen.gov; washington@pasenate.com; mwaugh@pasen.gov; dwhite@pasen.gov; mwhite@pasen.gov; williams@pasenate.com; wozniak@pasenate.com; gyaw@pasen.gov; yudichak@pasenate.com;lbaker@pasen.gov; tartaglione@pasenate.com

In the TO area put this email address: lbaker@pasen.gov She is the Republican Chair of PA DOL&I. We need to turn some Republicans

Subject: Don't Cut-off PA's Unemployed Workers! Pass SB 994 to Continue Extended Benefits

Here is the letter, perhaps you will want to add your personal experiences to it:

Dear Senator,

Unless Pennsylvania lawmakers take action soon, long-term unemployed workers in Pennsylvania will lose up to 20 weeks of unemployment compensation known as Extended Benefits on June 11, 2011. Senate Bill 994 would allow Pennsylvania's unemployed to keep these federally-funded benefits.

On June 11, 2011, an estimated 45,000 unemployed workers in Pennsylvania will be cut-off of the Extended Benefits they've been receiving, unless the legislature acts. Pennsylvanian's Department of Labor and Industry estimates that a total of 135,000 jobless workers could lose eligibility for these benefits this year starting on June 11th.

The federal government now covers 100% of the cost of these benefits for non-government employees. All the state needs to do to continue receiving these federally-funded benefits is to enact a technical fix to the state unemployment insurance law. Senate Bill 994 would do just that. Can we please put a side partisanship, and get this done immediately. It is very stressful not knowing what is going to happen, and makes most of lives little things unbearable. Not knowing makes interview seem like you are a loser before you get there. We need you help now.

Republicans and Democrats in every one of Pennsylvania's neighboring states ---- have all recently passed the needed Extended Benefits legislation. In total, 24 states have already acted to allow individuals to continue these benefits.

Extended Benefits are 100% Federally funding, no one dime comes from the States. Thanks to federally-funded Extended Benefits, more than $1.5 billion additional dollars flowed into Pennsylvania since the recession started benefiting unemployed workers and businesses alike. 200,000 of us, our friends, family members, and neighbors have counted on these benefits to put food on the table and a roof over their heads.

This small legislative change, with no cost to Pennsylvania, is the only thing that stands in the way of unemployed workers being able to secure the benefits they, and the local economy, so desperately need, and that the federal government is underwriting.

It's time for Pennsylvania lawmakers to act.

Don't Cut-off Pennsylvania's Unemployed Workers! Pass SB 994 to Continue Extended Benefits!

Thank you.

your name
address
city, state, zip
aloneinpa
aloneinpa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20 Empty Re: ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20

Post by aloneinpa Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:13 pm

PA members (or members from any state), if you have a twitter account, you can tweet this topic - spread the word! (thanks to Dazed&Confused and DesperateInRI)

IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND HOPE TO REC. EB BENEFIS, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO WRITE EVERY SENATOR IN 10 MINUTES
**Shortened the topic title a little so it can be tweeted!ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20 758924

My Note:
You can then reference folks here or to Unemployed Friends 2.0 to get the information.
We are the unemployed and we are in this together, so please be nice. We need to work together, thank you.

Last edited by aloneinpa on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
aloneinpa
aloneinpa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20 Empty Re: ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20

Post by JaneWI Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Aloneinpa, thank you for posting this information! Smile I hope people get all "a twitter" about this and do some serious campaigning.

ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20 618340
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by aloneinpa Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:26 pm

JaneWI wrote:Aloneinpa, thank you for posting this information! Smile I hope people get all "a twitter" about this and do some serious campaigning.

ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20 618340

Thanks JaneWI, yes this is very important and we only have a small window of opportunity here. PA folks need to jump on this and email/tweet each and every day! ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20 560370
aloneinpa
aloneinpa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:53 pm

aloneinpa wrote:
JaneWI wrote:Aloneinpa, thank you for posting this information! Smile I hope people get all "a twitter" about this and do some serious campaigning.

Thanks JaneWI, yes this is very important and we only have a small window of opportunity here. PA folks need to jump on this and email/tweet each and every day! ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20 560370

And I'm temporarily out of tweets! lol!
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:59 pm

AloneinPA--Many thanx!! Will do!!

Sen. Tina Tartaglione's office told me the bill has 4 co-sponsors but actually 2 more had signed on & they expect more. The staffer said to call Tina's office again next week to see if the Cte. on Labor & Industry has posted an amended version of the S994 bill online with all the new cosponsors listed.

New Jersey managed to pass its Three Year Lookback UNANIMOUSLY & Gov. Christie signed the bill into law but Pennsylvania's dragging its feet.
confused

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by aloneinpa Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Phillymg wrote:AloneinPA--Many thanx!! Will do!!

Sen. Tina Tartaglione's office told me the bill has 4 co-sponsors but actually 2 more had signed on & they expect more. The staffer said to call Tina's office again next week to see if the Cte. on Labor & Industry has posted an amended version of the S994 bill online with all the new cosponsors listed.

New Jersey managed to pass its Three Year Lookback UNANIMOUSLY & Gov. Christie signed the bill into law but Pennsylvania's dragging its feet.
confused

Thanks Phillymg!
That is why it is so important to put pressure on these legislators each and every day, we can not ease up, we don't have much time to get this done. If we fail to move these legislators/Governor Corbett....then EB will be cut off.
aloneinpa
aloneinpa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by aloneinpa Tue May 03, 2011 9:38 am

BUMP-Reminder that our PA legislators are back from their Easter Recess, so that means get the calls, emails going. Read below it is user friendly and quick, DO IT everyday.

IF YOU LIVE IN PA, HERE IS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO WRITE ALL THE SENATORS IN ONE SINGLE EMAIL. ALL THE EMAIL ADDRESS, HOW TO BCC, THE LETTER, ALL BY SENDING ONE EMAIL. JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS PLEASE AND LET ME KNOW YOU HAVE DONE THIS. I SUGGEST YOU WIRE ANOTHER EMAIL EVERYDAY, FILL THEIR EMAIL ACCOUNTS UP ASKING THEM TO PASS SB 944. IF YOU CAN'T DO THIS SIMPLE ALL EXPLAINED ONE EMAIL THEN I GUESS WE DO NOT DESERVE EB. WILL YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOU HAVE TAKEN CARE OF THIS

Here is a list of all the Senator in Pennsylvania. I feel, since many do not know of our issue, that we should write to all of them now and ask them to discuss with each other what it will be like in June when 45,000 will lose EB and another 15,000 in July. Maybe you don't think this is you, but it will be. So what you have to do is in you BCC (NOT THE CC AREA) put all of these name, just copy them and put them in. Here they are:

alloway@pasen.gov; dargall@pasen.gov; lbaker@pasen.gov; lbaker@pasen.gov; senatorblake@pasenate.com; boscola@pasenate.com; brewster@pasenate.com; pbrowne@pasen.gov; mbrubaker@pasen.gov; jcorman@pasen.gov; jcorman@pasen.gov; costa@pasenate.com; andy@pasenate.com; jearll@pasen.gov; jeichelberger@pasen.gov; eerickson@pasen.gov; eerickson@pasen.gov; ferlo@pasenate.com; mfolmer@pasen.gov; fontana@pasenate.com; jgordner@pasen.gov; sgreenleaf@pasen.gov; hughes@pasenate.com; hughes@pasenate.com; cmcilhinney@pasen.gov; bmensch@pasen.gov; jorie@pasen.gov; jpiccola@pasen.gov; dpileggi@pasen.govjpippy@pasen.gov; jrafferty@pasen.gov; jscarnati@pasen.gov; lsmucker@pasen.gov; stack@pasenate.com; tartaglione@pasenate.com; rtomlinson@pasen.gov; vance@pasen.gov; kward@pasen.gov; washington@pasenate.com; mwaugh@pasen.gov; dwhite@pasen.gov; mwhite@pasen.gov; williams@pasenate.com; wozniak@pasenate.com; gyaw@pasen.gov; yudichak@pasenate.com;lbaker@pasen.gov; tartaglione@pasenate.com

In the TO area put this email address: lbaker@pasen.gov She is the Republican Chair of PA DOL&I. We need to turn some Republicans

Subject: Don't Cut-off PA's Unemployed Workers! Pass SB 994 to Continue Extended Benefits

Here is the letter, perhaps you will want to add your personal experiences to it:

Dear Senator,

Unless Pennsylvania lawmakers take action soon, long-term unemployed workers in Pennsylvania will lose up to 20 weeks of unemployment compensation known as Extended Benefits on June 11, 2011. Senate Bill 994 would allow Pennsylvania's unemployed to keep these federally-funded benefits.

On June 11, 2011, an estimated 45,000 unemployed workers in Pennsylvania will be cut-off of the Extended Benefits they've been receiving, unless the legislature acts. Pennsylvanian's Department of Labor and Industry estimates that a total of 135,000 jobless workers could lose eligibility for these benefits this year starting on June 11th.

The federal government now covers 100% of the cost of these benefits for non-government employees. All the state needs to do to continue receiving these federally-funded benefits is to enact a technical fix to the state unemployment insurance law. Senate Bill 994 would do just that. Can we please put a side partisanship, and get this done immediately. It is very stressful not knowing what is going to happen, and makes most of lives little things unbearable. Not knowing makes interview seem like you are a loser before you get there. We need you help now.

Republicans and Democrats in every one of Pennsylvania's neighboring states ---- have all recently passed the needed Extended Benefits legislation. In total, 24 states have already acted to allow individuals to continue these benefits.

Extended Benefits are 100% Federally funding, no one dime comes from the States. Thanks to federally-funded Extended Benefits, more than $1.5 billion additional dollars flowed into Pennsylvania since the recession started benefiting unemployed workers and businesses alike. 200,000 of us, our friends, family members, and neighbors have counted on these benefits to put food on the table and a roof over their heads.

This small legislative change, with no cost to Pennsylvania, is the only thing that stands in the way of unemployed workers being able to secure the benefits they, and the local economy, so desperately need, and that the federal government is underwriting.

Don't Cut-off Pennsylvania's Unemployed Workers! Pass SB 994 to Continue Extended Benefits!

Thank you.

your name
address
city, state, zip

Last edited by aloneinpa on Tue May 03, 2011 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
aloneinpa
aloneinpa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue May 03, 2011 3:32 pm

ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20 987247 aloneinpa, feeling like a nut. You can email this now letter as many times as you like. Frankly I a jamming their boxes.

Thought I would stop over here and address HB 916 along with SB 994 in the same email. There is some other stuff over at uf2 you might want to bring over too. Hope you don't mind.

Here we go:

Joan & anyone interested, I called all the offices above today. I had to leave detailed messages & phone number (they won't call) but I got done all the EB people at the same time. No on HB 916, yes on SB 994.

As far as EB goes if you go to this link you will see who is a cosponser this does not mean it gets it out of committee (sp) but you might want to take a look, we now have 9 sponsers:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/bill_history.cfm?syear=2011&sind=0&body=S&type=B&bn=994

Please write to all these Senators, not many of them know of our issue. All you have to do is copy the letter above, or on the last page, put lbaker@pasen.com in the TO area, and in the bcc area (not the cc area) copy all of the following at one time (50 at once) and paste into the bcc area. In subject use the one listed below. Oh I will get the sample letter now, and put it here again, you can put a personal touch to it if you want to do that, I think it is a good idea. Don't forget to put just "Dear Senator" as the all will receive this therefore you can't put "Dear Senator Josmo" because 49 other Senators will get your letter saying "Dear Senator Josmo." And don't forget to mention vote no on HB 916 (changes to the Unemployment Compensation Law, HB 916.) So "Dear Senator" is just fine to put as the saluation:

Here is the list:

alloway@pasen.gov; dargall@pasen.gov; lbaker@pasen.gov; lbaker@pasen.gov; senatorblake@pasenate.com; boscola@pasenate.com; brewster@pasenate.com; pbrowne@pasen.gov; mbrubaker@pasen.gov; jcorman@pasen.gov; jcorman@pasen.gov; costa@pasenate.com; andy@pasenate.com; jearll@pasen.gov; jeichelberger@pasen.gov; eerickson@pasen.gov; eerickson@pasen.gov; ferlo@pasenate.com; mfolmer@pasen.gov; fontana@pasenate.com; jgordner@pasen.gov; sgreenleaf@pasen.gov; hughes@pasenate.com; hughes@pasenate.com; cmcilhinney@pasen.gov; bmensch@pasen.gov; jorie@pasen.gov; jpiccola@pasen.gov; [email=dpileggi@pasen.gov’]dpileggi@pasen.gov’[/email] jpippy@pasen.gov; jrafferty@pasen.gov; jscarnati@pasen.gov; lsmucker@pasen.gov; stack@pasenate.com; tartaglione@pasenate.com; rtomlinson@pasen.gov; vance@pasen.gov; kward@pasen.gov; washington@pasenate.com; mwaugh@pasen.gov; dwhite@pasen.gov; mwhite@pasen.gov; williams@pasenate.com; wozniak@pasenate.com; gyaw@pasen.gov; [email=yudichak@pasenate.com;lbaker@pasen.gov]yudichak@pasenate.com;lbaker@pasen.gov[/email]; tartaglione@pasenate.com

You will only need to send one email, anyone can do it it is easy. Don't forget to put your name and address at the end of the letter. Here is the letter.

Dear Senator,

Unless Pennsylvania lawmakers take action soon, long-term unemployed workers in Pennsylvania will lose up to 20 weeks of unemployment compensation known as Extended Benefits on June 11, 2011. Senate Bill 994 would allow Pennsylvania's unemployed to keep these federally-funded benefits. This bill is very important and you need to vote YES on this bill. We have just become aware of HB 916 (changes to Unemployment Compensation Law), and we urge you to vote NO on HB 916. More and more Pennsylvania is taking away from its citizens its rights. We say no more!!!!

On June 11, 2011, an estimated 45,000 unemployed workers in Pennsylvania will be cut-off of the Extended Benefits they've been receiving, unless the legislature acts. Pennsylvanian's Department of Labor and Industry estimates that a total of 135,000 jobless workers could lose eligibility for these benefits this year starting on June 11th.The federal government now covers 100% of the cost of these benefits for non-government employees. All the state needs to do to continue receiving these federally-funded benefits is to enact a technical fix to the state unemployment insurance law. Senate Bill 994 would do just that. Can we please put a side partisanship, and get this done immediately. It is very stressful not knowing what is going to happen, and makes most of lives little things unbearable. Not knowing makes interview seem like you are a loser before you get there. We need you help now.

Republicans and Democrats in every one of Pennsylvania's neighboring states ---- have all recently passed the needed Extended Benefits legislation. In total, 24 states have already acted to allow individuals to continue these benefits. Not only that but our neighbors in New Jersey, Delaware, New York & Maryland have enacted this temporary law. What are we chopped liver?Extended Benefits are 100% Federally funding, no one dime comes from the States. Thanks to federally-funded Extended Benefits, more than $1.5 billion additional dollars flowed into Pennsylvania since the recession started benefiting unemployed workers and businesses alike. 200,000 of us, our friends, family members, and neighbors have counted on these benefits to put food on the table and a roof over their heads.

So in conclusion, please vote NO on HB 916, you are taking away our rights as Citizens of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Don't Cut-off Pennsylvania's Unemployed Workers! Please vote YES on SB 994 to Continue Extended Benefits! The first to loose benefits would be 46,000 people, NOT FAMILIES, but people. People have families so you need to VOTE YES ON SB 994

Thank you.

Sincerely

your name
address
city, state, zip
Phone

Sorry to use so much bandwidth, but we gotta get this message out. SB 944 is not on the calander this week or next, so it will be around the 20th, if it geat there. Please whoever you are, do writem, we are all Americans. Thank you.

Oh, and we can use all the TWEETS we can get. Dazed

P.S.: I remember most of you, hope you are well

Dazed&Confused
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Tue May 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Welcome back Dazed and Confused! Smile
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Tue May 03, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi Dazed&Confused. Very Happy

So far the bill SB994 has 9 cosponsors incl. Minority Leader Costa--

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/bill_history.cfm?syear=2011&sind=0&body=S&type=B&bn=994

Must keep the pressure on to get more cosponsors & MAINLY to get Republican Senator Gordner to let the bill out of the Labor & Industry Committee for a vote.

Sen. Gordner (717) 787-8928 & (570) 784-3464

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue May 03, 2011 9:06 pm

JaneWI wrote:Welcome back Dazed and Confused! Smile

Good to see you Jane, I will be checking in to nag you all. hahaha, you are good people. Dazed

Dazed&Confused
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Tue May 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Dazed&Confused wrote:

Good to see you Jane, I will be checking in to nag you all. hahaha, you are good people. Dazed

Great to see you again! Smile I look forward to seeing more of your posts.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue May 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Phillymg wrote:Hi Dazed&Confused. Very Happy

So far the bill SB994 has 9 cosponsors incl. Minority Leader Costa--

Must keep the pressure on to get more cosponsors & MAINLY to get Republican Senator Gordner to let the bill out of the Labor & Industry Committee for a vote.

Sen. Gordner (717) 787-8928 & (570) 784-3464

Hey Phillymg, good to see you, and you are right we have got to get Gordner or turn some others. Gonna be hard, but hey sometimes I think things are going to be very difficult and low and behold, it was easy. But this is too important to rely on thinking others will do it, we gotta do it.

I tried and tried to Email Corbett today and it kept on rejecting my IP address so I guess they have had their full of me.

Early this morning I called Harrisburg, and they told me 7 cosponsers, 2 hours later I called again with a question and was told 2 more had signed on, so that is a good sign even though they are all democrats, where are the republicans when we need them. Lets keep it up. I have enjoyed reading your posts. Talk later. Dazed

Dazed&Confused
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue May 03, 2011 9:19 pm

JaneWI wrote:
Dazed&Confused wrote:

Great to see you again! Smile I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Thanks Jane, I look forward to visiting you over here. Dazed

Dazed&Confused
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by aloneinpa Tue May 03, 2011 11:13 pm

Hey D&C, thanks for that update.
aloneinpa
aloneinpa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Fri May 06, 2011 12:04 pm

FEEL FREE TO COPY & PASTE TO LEGISLATORS--

Don't Cut-off PA's Unemployed Workers! Pass SB 994 to Continue Extended Benefits!

Unless Pennsylvania lawmakers take action soon, long-term unemployed workers in Pennsylvania will lose up to 20 weeks of unemployment compensation known as Extended Benefits on May 20, 2011. Senate Bill 994 would allow Pennsylvania's unemployed to keep these federally-funded benefits.

On May 20, 2011, an estimated 45,000 unemployed workers in Pennsylvania will be cut-off of the Extended Benefits they've been receiving--unless the legislature acts. Pennsylvania's Department of Labor and Industry estimates that a total of 135,000 jobless workers could lose eligibility for these benefits this year starting on May 20th.

The federal government now covers 100% of the cost of these benefits for non-government employees. All the state needs to do to continue receiving these federally-funded benefits is to enact a technical fix to the state unemployment insurance law. Senate Bill 994 would do just that.

Republicans and Democrats in every one of Pennsylvania's neighboring states--Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, West Virginia, and Maryland--have all recently passed the needed Extended Benefits legislation. In total, 24 states have already acted to allow individuals to continue these benefits.

Thanks to federally-funded Extended Benefits, more than $1.5 billion additional dollars flowed into Pennsylvania since the recession started--benefiting unemployed workers and businesses alike. Over 200,000 of us, our friends, family members, and neighbors have counted on these benefits to put food on the table and a roof over their heads.

Thank you.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Fri May 06, 2011 12:14 pm

Phillymg wrote:FEEL FREE TO COPY & PASTE TO LEGISLATORS--

Don't Cut-off PA's Unemployed Workers! Pass SB 994 to Continue Extended Benefits!

Unless Pennsylvania lawmakers take action soon, long-term unemployed workers in Pennsylvania will lose up to 20 weeks of unemployment compensation known as Extended Benefits on May 20, 2011. Senate Bill 994 would allow Pennsylvania's unemployed to keep these federally-funded benefits.

On May 20, 2011, an estimated 45,000 unemployed workers in Pennsylvania will be cut-off of the Extended Benefits they've been receiving--unless the legislature acts. Pennsylvania's Department of Labor and Industry estimates that a total of 135,000 jobless workers could lose eligibility for these benefits this year starting on May 20th.

The federal government now covers 100% of the cost of these benefits for non-government employees. All the state needs to do to continue receiving these federally-funded benefits is to enact a technical fix to the state unemployment insurance law. Senate Bill 994 would do just that.

Republicans and Democrats in every one of Pennsylvania's neighboring states--Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, West Virginia, and Maryland--have all recently passed the needed Extended Benefits legislation. In total, 24 states have already acted to allow individuals to continue these benefits.

Thanks to federally-funded Extended Benefits, more than $1.5 billion additional dollars flowed into Pennsylvania since the recession started--benefiting unemployed workers and businesses alike. Over 200,000 of us, our friends, family members, and neighbors have counted on these benefits to put food on the table and a roof over their heads.

Thank you.

Thanks! Smile
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Mon May 09, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi Jane, Philly and aloneinpa,

I received this letter today from PA Senator Costa:

Here is another email I received from my email efforts to extend benefits in PA:

Dear Ms.Dazed:

Thank you for sending me a copy of your recent letter to Governor Corbett regarding the need for action to implement the federal unemployment extension that his available to the Commonwealth. I appreciate your interest in this issue and I understand your desire to see the Commonwealth take action on this issue.

While Pennsylvania has fared comparatively well through this difficult economic time, there is no question that jobs are difficult to find in many areas of Pennsylvania. People who are unemployed are in need of the assistance that additional benefits would provide, and I assure you that I will work to implement this extension.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me about this matter. Please feel free to contact me if I can assist you in any way.

Sincerely yours,
Senator Jay Costa, Jr.
43rd District
JC/jlg
***Costa is the Minority Floor Leader.

Just thought I would pass it along. Hope you guys are doing well. Miss you all. Dazed

Dazed&Confused
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Mon May 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Thank you for sharing your letter. Smile
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Mon May 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Hello Jane, how you doing today. I am asking the ladies of Pennsylvania to send this letter to all the Senators of PA, then go to the Governors website and send it to him.

Sent to: jgordner@pasen.gov he is the Majority Chair

Please then to go to the governors website & sent it to the governor, here is his website: http://www.governor.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/contact/2998

Here are the bbc people on this letter:

Here is the letter, only send it if you feel confortable about it:

Extremely Important Extended Benefits in Pennsylvania VOTE YES!

Dear Senator Gordner:

I am being proactive with our Governor - and this is what I wrote to him:

I sincerely hope you start spreading the word to the Pennsylvania Legislatures and, of course, the people of Pennsylvania who are, to date, somewhat unaware of this nasty little scheme by Republicans to cut off our unemployment benefits, because I can't imagine the outcome of what will happen if you do not extend Extended Benefits, EB. in the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Keep reading because I want you to know that we do know of your greediness. To me there is no choice, pass them now, or see large cities and small cities, who are just now recovering a little, go nuts on you. In Philadelphia, we have a 10% unemployment rate; this is the six largest city in this country.

I also find something very odd about the number of new jobs in Pennsylvania and how the Unemployment Rate fell so rapidly starting in December 2010. I believe Pennsylvania must be audited, as far as the unemployment numbers are concerned because I believe there is something dirty going on. I was disgusted to learn that only 1% is deducted from your paycheck for the many employment benefits such as medical, retirement, etc., that you and your legislators and appointees receive. I CANNOT IMAGINE ONLY PAYING 1% OF MY PAYCHECK FOR BENEFITS AS EXTENSIVE AS YOURS, THIS IS NO LONGER A PRETTY LITTLE SECRETE, IT IS OUT THERE FOR ALL TO READ. IF YOU TAKE OUR BENEFITS, WE WILL TAKE YOUR SWEETHEART BENEFITS DEAL, 1% OF YOUR PAYCHECK FOR MEDICAL, RETIREMENT, ETC., IS JUST PLAIN GREED. HOW ABOUT THAT GOVERNOR CORBETT. YOU ARE VERY GREEDY, BUT WE WILL MAKE YOU A DEAL, YOU CAN CONTINUE YOUR BENEFITS AS LONG AS YOU EXTEND OURS. TALK ABOUT GREED, 24 YEARS WORTH OF PAYING 1% FOR HEALTH, MEDICAL, RETIREMENT BENEFIT, PERHAPS YOU SHOULD HAVE CUT THAT FROM THE BUDGET! THIS IS NOW BEING PLASTERED ALL OVER THE UNEMPLOYMENT BOARDS. YOU ARE EASY ON THE UNIONS BECAUSE THEY ARE HOLDING THIS OVER YOUR HEAD, WE WILL NOT BE IF WE LOSE ONE PENNY OF OUR BENEFITS DUE TO YOUR REPUBLICAN AGENDA.

You made us all aware before the elections that the unemployed were lazy and rather sit at home and let their benefits run out. You said “Philadelphia had plenty of Jobs." I cannot to this day believe you actually meant this. Because of Wall Street, I lost everything. Now you want to take away my benefits so once again, the middle class carries the deficit on our backs. Think again, you are putting more people, who quite possibly would get jobs in this “jobless” recover, right on the Welfare Rolls. This is rather stupid.

I am asking you and posting this on the many unemployment boards "Are you waiting for the last minute, to let Pennsylvanians know they will not receive extended benefits which the Federal Government has provided a fix?" All you have to do is sign a bill for a 3-year look back, and Pennsylvanians will be able to receive the entitled Extended Benefits.

We now see you may not be in favor of the 3-year look back because a Republican bill in the House and 1 in the Senate allows you to take from the homeless, hungry, jobless families in Pennsylvania so that you may tackle your deficits. THIS IS NOT YOUR MONEY, IT IS OUR MONEY WE FOUGHT LONG AND HARD TO RECEIVE. ANOTHER THING YOU SHOULD KNOW, PENNSYLVANIA IS 1 OF ONLY 3 STATES WHERE THE EMPLOYEE DOES PAY FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS OUT OF THEIR PAYCHECKS.

There are over 500,000 unemployed residence of Pennsylvania. Do you want more homes foreclosed on? You may not believe it, but Pennsylvania is a working state with a huge base of Democrats, far more than Republicans.

It will be a very sad, and a very bad day in Pennsylvania if Extended Benefits are not approved. I am not going to explain to you an 8% unemployment rate and what that means, you know what it means, many people are no longer collecting...get the job done and pass extended benefits now. Seems you are real quite about this issue, not one mention of Extended Benefits on the Pennsylvania website and what the possibilities are, but believe me Governor, you should not hold back making your stand because if you do and Pennsylvanians finds out at the last minute, you have taken away their Extended Benefits, this Democratic working State will be extremely, extremely upset. No need to see what other Republicans are going to do in their state, use your brain and do the right thing for our children, they need food and clothing now, not 30 years from now.

I hope you get on this horse now, because the word is spreading with your Sweetheart 1% benefits deal and the Republicans wanting to cut benefits in order to apply them to their States deficits, and once it spreads, you need to be on board, because this is one nasty deception. You numbers are way down; you will see them go down much further.

Again, I sincerely hope you start spreading the word to the Pennsylvania Legislatures and, of course, the people of Pennsylvania who may be unaware of this nasty little scheme, because I can't imagine the outcome of what will happen if you do not extend Extended Benefits, EB. in the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. To me there is no choice, pass them now, or see large cities and small cities, go nuts on you. As I said, in Philadelphia, we have a 10% unemployment rate; this is the six largest city in this country. Again, I also find something very odd about the number of new jobs in Pennsylvania and how the Unemployment Rate fell so fast starting in December 2010. I believe Pennsylvania should be audited, as far as the unemployment numbers are concerned because I believe there is something dirty going on, just like the 1% paycheck benefits deduction you, your appointees along with the legislatures pay, I have never heard of such a thing. This is disgraceful, and it should be eliminated immediately. I CANNOT IMAGINE ONLY PAYING 1% OF MY PAYCHECK FOR BENEFITS AS EXTENSIVE AS YOURS, THIS IS NO LONGER A PRETTY LITTLE SECRETE, IT IS OUT THERE FOR ALL TO READ AND BEING PASSED AROUND TO ALL UEMPLOYMENT BOARDS. IF YOU TAKE OUR BENEFITS, WE WILL TAKE YOUR SWEETHEART BENEFITS DEAL, 1% OF YOUR PAYCHECK FOR MEDICAL, RETIREMENT, ETC., HOW ABOUT THAT GOVERNOR CORBETT. YOU ARE VERY GREEDY, BUT WE WILL MAKE YOU A DEAL, YOU CAN CONTINUE YOUR BENEFITS AS LONG AS YOU EXTEND OURS. TALK ABOUT GREED, 24 YEARS WORTH, PERHAPS YOU SHOULD HAVE CUT THAT FROM THE BUDGET! AS A MATTER OF FACT, THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST THING TO HAVE BEEN CUT. It is time for you to get with helping the unemployed, and stop being so greedy.

Cordially,

Dazed&Confused
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Mon May 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your letters. Smile

EDIT to add: I hope ET sees this. She's great at getting the word out on important topics like this.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Mon May 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Oh thnks Jane, you know I get a little crazy when I read things such as legislatures and appointees only paying 1% of their pay for dental, medical, retirement, 401K, etc. Makes me a mad woman. I hope the gals will send this out.

Have a good one Jane, I am looking for more boards to spread this. I know you are in Wisconsin, but hahaha, you can send it too.

ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20 630201

Dazed&Confused
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Mon May 09, 2011 4:57 pm

btw, I tried to pm you but I do not have authorization to pm yet. So we will talk later, okay.

Dazed&Confused
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Mon May 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Dazed&Confused wrote:Oh thnks Jane, you know I get a little crazy when I read things such as legislatures and appointees only paying 1% of their pay for dental, medical, retirement, 401K, etc. Makes me a mad woman. I hope the gals will send this out.

Have a good one Jane, I am looking for more boards to spread this. I know you are in Wisconsin, but hahaha, you can send it too.

ALERT & Action Plan, Please Read:Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20 630201

Of course I can send this out. Smile
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next