Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension Cspan_live_play-1

99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension

+5
concernedinKY
KeeptheFaith
nuttin2lose
unemployed2long/1208
Gigi
9 posters

Go down

99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension Empty 99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:40 pm

99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension

99ers are still a fast growing population, with no help in sight. One
million people joined the ranks of the 99er’s last year, according to
the MLive.com.
With no 99er unemployment extension coming anytime soon, this can only
mean more homelessness, filings of bankruptcy and people struggling in a
country that once was considered a place to follow the “American
Dream.”

With many states now cutting back on their allotted weeks of
unemployment compensation, only one state has stepped up to help their
unemployed. Oregon just recently added six extra weeks of unemployment
benefits for the unemployed residents of that state.

The unemployment extension that was proposed by Representative
Barbara Lee has been somewhat stagnant in the House. While the last
meeting with the Speaker and Majority Leader of the House was
“productive” according to Lee’s statement, nothing definite came out of
the meeting. Lee also said “where there is a will, there is a way,” and
she plans to work with the House Ways and Means Committee regarding this
14 week unemployment extension that will add the weeks onto the first
tier of unemployment.

If it should ever go through, the 99ers would receive the 14 weeks as
a retroactive payment in one lump sum. The urgency of this unemployment
extension has been lost with many of the politicians that could step in
and advocate for its passage through the House.

Connecticut hovers on the top of the list for having the most long-term
unemployed. The state’s unemployed would greatly benefit from this
extension, but unless you live in Oregon, it appears no extra
unemployment compensation will be coming your way. Connecticut’s
unemployment rate is 9.1 for March, according to Media Newswire.

http://www.examiner.com/unemployment-in-hartford/99ers-grow-by-a-million-last-year-still-no-unemployment-extension

Back to top Go down

99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension Empty Re: 99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension

Post by Gigi Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:54 pm

99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension 220713 Thank you for this information. This information is very scary. One million joined the 99ers ranks last year and our reps in Washington are ignoring this horrible situation. I wonder how much longer can they keep ignoring us.
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension Empty Re: 99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:32 am

Thats why I commented on Friday that Lee and other so called supporters should revitalize their efforts for 589. There is nothing wrong asking them to do so. I also say the 99 er's need to work as hard and keep getting the message across to them also. Its a joint effort. otherwise we will get shuffled to the bottom of the pile...
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:37 am

Of course, I live in CT!

However I do not believe the author is correct in saying it would be a one time lump sum.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:16 am

WOW.....That's interesting did not know that CT was at the top of the list for having the most long term unemployed...and there are so many more people that are getting laid off in this state.....so that number is only going to increase.....aand I agree nutty....I don't think that the payment will be in one lump sum....it is more than likely going to be in weekly payments.....
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:26 pm

Unfortunately, the more the 99er list grows the more it is going to cost above the already 16 billion for the 14 weeks. As more and more become 99er's is only going to add to the cost and give them something more to argue about...The cost and added expense! Where does that put us?
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:48 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:Thats why I commented on Friday that Lee and other so called supporters should revitalize their efforts for 589. There is nothing wrong asking them to do so. I also say the 99 er's need to work as hard and keep getting the message across to them also. Its a joint effort. otherwise we will get shuffled to the bottom of the pile...

The fact that Lee was discussing us in an interview while 'on break' shows me that she's still fighting the good fight for us. That interviewer wanted to take that conversation in so many different directions, but she held her ground and kept the focus on us.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by child of the King Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:53 pm

I agree CiK......I think Ms. Lee is working hard to garner support for HR589. We have to keep doing our part.....I refuse to give up as long as there's any hope at all.
child of the King
child of the King
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Reading . Can't afford anything else!

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:55 am

Next week will be 16 months since I exhausted benefits. If they have let me go this long, and with the Repubs platform of cuts to so called entitlements, can someone please tell me why they think I and all that have exhausted since me will ever see any added weeks?

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:05 am

Well SOME of the news information is coming close to expressing the plight of many unemployed's and 99er's.... It is saying there are 4.6 applicant competing for 1 job. Also said that 1 million more out of benefits has been added to the roughly 4.6 million already out! But we know that figure is much higher! Unless there is a miracle for 589 then we are done! Unless things get so bad that the pres. and congress has to do something! But I do not think Obama has any plans to even mention 99er's or even the unemployed!!!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:44 am

They will feel our numbers because 99ers Vote!!!!!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:48 am

By Nov 2012 I have no idea what will have become of me. They know this also and do not fear us by the time the next elections come around.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by requete' Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:44 pm

They WILL fear us in November 2012 if not sooner ! 99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension 560370
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Long Term Unemployed - 99er- now Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:00 pm

Sorry thoughts of Nov 2012 are not even on my radar, Thoughts of how to survive July 2011 ARE!!

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:55 pm

What happens if you have to be employed to vote? With the Republicans the way they are acting, it could easily happen. Look what Hitler did! 99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension 822786

We should be marching to Washington by July would be at least a plan. They worry about deficit while many are hurting economically. Lets start impeachment preceding on many of these politicians. They are all to consumed with Congressman Wiener. Most have done lot worse, such as letting the rich pay less tax. Get Real! 99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension 812460

TR11005
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by requete' Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:42 pm

You do have to be a registered Voter to vote, but employed to vote- I think not. Otherwise all the people who are Retired would not be able to Vote. As far as impeachment, Recall Petitions have already started here in Michigan for Gov. Rick Snyder-started in Bay City today, then on to Saginaw. Can't wait for them to get here in Flint! I will sign! 99ers grow by a million last year - still no unemployment extension 560370
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Long Term Unemployed - 99er- now Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down