Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car - Page 2 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car - Page 2 Cspan_live_play-1

Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car - Page 2 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car

+9
pugsrit
Quiethawk
js123
MoInSTL
sbraney
unemployed2long/1208
cheri
Sunrise
new_wave_princess
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car - Page 2 Empty Re: Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car

Post by Sunrise Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:27 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:So I have typed several responses and then deleted them because every time I try to make my point it justs keeps coming back to the same conclusion, it's yet another step on the GOP agenda. Get tax breaks for the super rich check, Deny UI for LT UE check, waste months on trying to repel HC check, pretend that they are working on jobs check, push anti-abortion check, deny equal pay check, try to de-fund all programs that help the less fortunate check, even though govmt funds have never been used at PP for abortions they need to de-fund them because they preform them legally check, de-fund NPR and PBS because they have a unbiased voice check, break the unions so they can pay all workers less check..... From now on I will just type AGENDA....

Great post QH! I could not have said it better. THANKS!

Ditto!

Now, go watch the video by Thom Hartmann who explains this Agenda.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car - Page 2 Empty Re: Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car

Post by pugsrit Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Sunrise wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:So I have typed several responses and then deleted them because every time I try to make my point it justs keeps coming back to the same conclusion, it's yet another step on the GOP agenda. Get tax breaks for the super rich check, Deny UI for LT UE check, waste months on trying to repel HC check, pretend that they are working on jobs check, push anti-abortion check, deny equal pay check, try to de-fund all programs that help the less fortunate check, even though govmt funds have never been used at PP for abortions they need to de-fund them because they preform them legally check, de-fund NPR and PBS because they have a unbiased voice check, break the unions so they can pay all workers less check..... From now on I will just type AGENDA....

Ditto!

Well said Quiethawk............
pugsrit
pugsrit
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : family time, pets and arts and crafts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:24 pm

pugsrit wrote:
Sunrise wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

Ditto!

X2!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Excellent Post.....This is exactly what the GOP is doing......
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by njcookies Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Who in this forum did not expect this to happen when repubs were elected? We all knew what was going to happen yet someone elected them. affraid

njcookies
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : Cat Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:36 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:
pugsrit wrote:
Sunrise wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

Ditto!

X2!!!

Great post QH.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:38 pm

i expected it..but i still am a bit shocked. I certainly did not vote for, and never will vote for any republican. Getting rid of PP is the worst thing to do. They have helped many people, not just women, with many things. they help poor families with infants get furniture and diapers and formula, they help teens stay safe and educate them and help the poor with many other things...this is a disaster!! Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car - Page 2 951891

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:42 pm

Getting rid of PP is absurd.....They have helped a lot of people with their services.....I do not want my tax dollars funding a NASCAR....This is truly insane.....They spend money on stuff unecessarily....and want to cut every service for the poor.....WOW.....That really make sense.....
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:46 am

Yep and I'm afraid it's going to get far worse.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:50 am

OH! Well much more critical issues than this one, so maybe when they get our serious issues resolved and turn this country around economically and jobs and help unemployed with extensions then maybe they can resolve the other non life threatening issues! Unemployment survival is life threatening!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:53 am

new_wave_princess wrote:I don't either. I don't want to pay for stadiums, or any sport team. To me it should be paid by those who enjoy the event. If I go to a sporting event I expect to pay, why should others pay for it?
It really burns me up when cities that I have lived in RAISE TAXES in order to build new NFL sports stadiums! Doesn't the NFL have enough money to cover this without burdening the freakin' taxpayers? Evil or Very Mad
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:13 am

Jen wrote:
new_wave_princess wrote:I don't either. I don't want to pay for stadiums, or any sport team. To me it should be paid by those who enjoy the event. If I go to a sporting event I expect to pay, why should others pay for it?
It really burns me up when cities that I have lived in RAISE TAXES in order to build new NFL sports stadiums! Doesn't the NFL have enough money to cover this without burdening the freakin' taxpayers? Evil or Very Mad

I don't think it's right, but sadly a problem with our society where we are told sports is the most important thing. Look at how certain athletes are treated in school. Football and male basketball players when I was in school were often given leeway whereas others, and even other athletes in less popular sports weren't. I was a cross country runner and we couldn't get away with anything but I've seen football players actually get passes from teachers because they didn't do their homework.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:17 am

new_wave_princess wrote:
Jen wrote:

I don't think it's right, but sadly a problem with our society where we are told sports is the most important thing. Look at how certain athletes are treated in school. Football and male basketball players when I was in school were often given leeway whereas others, and even other athletes in less popular sports weren't. I was a cross country runner and we couldn't get away with anything but I've seen football players actually get passes from teachers because they didn't do their homework.
Yep, and they charge everyone to get in there and they rake in billions of dollars per year but, yet the taxpayers have to pay for their stadiums. It just really makes me angry!!! It's not that I hate people that like sports. It's just, why do I have to pay for something that they are making HUGE profits off of that is of no benefit to me whatsoever?
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:26 am

Hum!!! Hum!!!!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:41 am

For an unemployed, underemployed or low income woman, PP is sometimes the service used for general health care and yearly exams. For lots of women this is a critical issue because they have no health insurance at all or money... . so PP can be just as important as UI benefits for lots of uninsured unemployed women. If you don't have your health, your chances of finding a job are diminished greatly. So I guess it depends on one's definition of critical and for some this is apparently...not so much.

Hopefully the Senate will not let this pass.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:45 am

Abbie wrote:For an unemployed, underemployed or low income woman, PP is sometimes the service used for general health care and yearly exams. For lots of women this is a critical issue because they have no health insurance at all or money... . so PP can be just as important as UI benefits for lots of uninsured unemployed women. If you don't have your health, your chances of finding a job are diminished greatly. So I guess it depends on one's definition of critical and for some this is apparently...not so much.

Very well said Abbie! Thank you!

I posted earlier in this thread that with all these ridiculous cuts being proposed, the Republicans are slowly hanging themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:53 am

I agree DIRI, there won't be enough Tea Pottys to save them in 2012 at the rate they are going alienating different groups of People. They need the Independent voter to win again.

BTW if anyone is interested you can sign a letter going to Congress re PP here

https://secure.ppaction.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=pp_ppol_ws_I_Stand_with_PP&s_src=standwithppfeb2011_taf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:57 am

Signed and shared.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:58 am

DesperateInRI wrote:Signed and shared.

Thank you DIRI.

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:26 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
Abbie wrote:For an unemployed, underemployed or low income woman, PP is sometimes the service used for general health care and yearly exams. For lots of women this is a critical issue because they have no health insurance at all or money... . so PP can be just as important as UI benefits for lots of uninsured unemployed women. If you don't have your health, your chances of finding a job are diminished greatly. So I guess it depends on one's definition of critical and for some this is apparently...not so much.

Very well said Abbie! Thank you!

I posted earlier in this thread that with all these ridiculous cuts being proposed, the Republicans are slowly hanging themselves.

They will lose women with all their cuts. I just got an email from an organization mentioning all the cuts and one Republican even said they are cutting several programs (mostly childcare and head start) because "women should be at home". Since most women work (I myself would be a working mom) only the most hardcore women will stay. However, this could also be planned so they could nominate a woman president, saying Republicans are pro woman.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:36 pm

Very Happy Done.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:55 pm

Cool I wanted to know how much money was spent, well I found the internet article and the cost. Whoever approved this bill should pay back the American taxpayers. Talk about spending, this is outrageous.

"Rep. Betty McCollum, D-Minnesota, is offering an amendment to the 2011 House budget bill to ban the sponsorships, which her office said has cost the military $100 million over the past 10 years, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune."

http://forums.autosport.com/index.php?showtopic=143034&st=0&start=0
js123
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:03 pm

One hundred million sounds kinda lite. If I had to guess, it is closer to 80 million a year. Unless you are talking about one car in one series.

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:37 pm

100 million that could help the unemployed.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Keilowkei Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Gotta have that Nascar car!!!!!!!! No

Keilowkei
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : 99er...Sports,technology

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum