Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 17 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 17 Cspan_live_play-1

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 17 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

+39
Mags
concernedinKY
Tresa
sportsnut
mrmarti
flowergirl
springflowers
Patriot
mj
dmbishop
Angelika
pc
kellylee123
KeeptheFaith
TR11005
Jeff
jj
L.J.
aloneinpa
dnky7070
Sad American
Feyth
kalst13
js123
MoInSTL
Phillymg
kjps12
lendmeflight2
JaneWI
Corinne
Sunrise
Kat
ET
Riled American
stilllooking
zeke
mrgolf
Quiethawk
Jen
43 posters

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next

Go down

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 17 Empty Re: Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

Post by TR11005 Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:22 pm

I just received this email.

"Now is the time. If ever there was a time to show up, stand up and let our voices be heard, it is now. The fate of Ohio’s middle class is on the line at the Ohio Statehouse.

This
coming Tuesday, February 22, the legislature is scheduled to move on
Senate Bill 5, a bill that would strip away collective bargaining
rights, hurt the middle class, kill jobs and destroy communities. I
want to invite you to come to the Statehouse in Columbus on Tuesday to
voice your opposition to this bill."

Ted Strickland
Former Governor of Ohio

This what the Tea Party has created. They want a fight, we will give it to them a peace of our minds in a non violent protest. Lets bring our Tier 5 information. We are invited to attend! This is a far cry from what happened on May 4, 1970 at KSU. A neighborhood girl, was one of the four who died there. She would have been 62.

TR11005
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 17 Empty Re: Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

Post by Phillymg Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:33 pm

JaneWI wrote:I just got back from Madison. It was a nice, positive event with everyone upbeat for the occasion.

I was curious about some people that had "Legal Observer" signs taped across their chests and backs. They seemed to be the only people not smiling.

Upon entering the capital square area there were people with signs saying something to the effect of this is a peaceful demonstration.

I have never been so proud to be a citizen of the state of Wisconsin as I was today.

More to follow after I get my thoughts together and some pictures ready to upload. Smile
Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 17 796653

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:16 pm

Report from Madison, WI on 2/19/2011. It was cold and sunny when I headed toward the state capital. I was rather nervous because I don't handle crowds well, but felt I needed to go because I couldn't look at myself in the mirror if I had not taken part in the event. Madison is known to be a friendly town so I hoped that it held true today, contrary to reporting by some news agencies.

Parking was easy to find and close to the capital. One lady stopped her vehicle so I could get across the street. We smiled at each other and waved. This is normal behavior for the people of this city, but still nice to see.

Upon approaching the capital square there were people holding signs reminding everyone that we were attending a peaceful demonstration. I also saw some people voluntarily picking up the little bit of litter that was in the capital square area.

It wasn't too crowded when I first got there. There was some music playing, I think someone giving a speech and people chanting “kill the bill”. I did some marching in front of the capital. Almost everyone had a smile and many said “thank you for coming”. Even though there was no tension in the crowd I felt like I was walking in the footsteps of the people that protested before and after the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire, the March to Montgomery, the anti-Vietnam protests and others. It was heartwarming to know so many other people strongly believed the in collective bargaining.

After a short time more people arrived and I found a better place to stand so I could hear what was being said. There were a few speeches, unfortunately, I don't remember any specific names. All of the speeches were uplifting and positive.

There was a short parade of union members dressed in green and various other people walking in the street by the capital building.

I left about 11:45. At that time the protest was completely peaceful and positive. It was a great experience and I'm humbled to have taken part in this event and hope to repeat it soon.

I also have no idea how many people were there, but the area by the capital was full, so was the street in front of the capital as well as across the street from the capital.

I left before the Tea Party rally.

Thank you all for “listening” to my report from Madison. Smile

*crosses fingers* that the image hosting works the first time.

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 17 02191110

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 17 02191111

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 17 02191112

JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Thank you for sharing JaneWI. I hope your state knows that all the other states are behind you. I know Nyers are pissed off.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:22 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:Thank you for sharing JaneWI. I hope your state knows that all the other states are behind you. I know Nyers are pissed off.

New Yorkers also have a strong labor history. It's good to know other states are supporting WI.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Thanks for the report and pics!! I wish I was a part of it

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelika Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Thank You Thank You Jane for sharing! We all need protests for what we believe in. America has had enough and this is the beginning of our uprising.

cheers Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 17 710712
Angelika
Angelika
Premium Poster

http://www.Di-Dio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:31 pm

I've posted a topic on my own website encouraging the members of my forum to support the rights of these union workers who are involved in this protest. Just doing my part to help spread the word.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:33 pm

kemcha what website is that? I know you have mentioned it before but I forget... scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:38 pm

GottaLaff GottaLaff
RT @kbeninato: Newest estimates, Madison pro-labor crowd is now 100,000 strong. Take that, Sarah Palin's Facebook page. #Wisconsin
6 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

100,000 strong!!! Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 17 618340

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:42 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:GottaLaff GottaLaff
RT @kbeninato: Newest estimates, Madison pro-labor crowd is now 100,000 strong. Take that, Sarah Palin's Facebook page. #Wisconsin
6 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

100,000 strong!!! Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 17 618340

Holy Doo Doo! affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:45 pm

I have been watching the live feed and I cant believe it!! thousands and thousands of people!

Back to top Go down

Post by jj Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:08 pm

Jane:

Thank You! I am glad it was peaceful...
jj
jj
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:51 pm

Sick and Tired, I run an anime and manga website that's dedicated to a manga series called "Ah! My Goddess." My site caters to Japanese anime and manga fans, while discussing a variety of other topics, with the exception of POlitics and Religion.

Let's just say I discovered, very quickly, that politics and religion are two subjects that ought not to be discovered on a genre website like the one that I run. It basically turned my community upside down and resulted in a loss of members as well as some hateful remarks getting posted. While we did recover, I opted to ban those two subjects from being discussed.

However, this particular issue with the labor strike has such an impact that I've opted to get my community involved in supporting worker's rights. Additionally, I didn't know about this site being resurrection and I was the one who recreated the UF.forumotion.com site. When I realized that PHPBB is easier to setup on my own website than it was through Forumotion, which is a great resource for free website communities, it's much easier to create forums and setting up a site when you have your own domain name.

The one thing I have going for me is that I have a ton of security options enabled that keeps trolls, spammers, and troublemakers out of the forums.

Anyway, my anime website address is: http://goddess-project.net

I'm working on an advocacy website which will be located at http://goddess-project.net/phpbb and that it will be a community that will advocate for the unemployed, as well. But, different from this site by not having the same type of forums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:18 pm

http://blog.buzzflash.com/node/12372 Read this Walker Padded salaries of his friends.

Scott Walker, the Governor of Wisconsin who is spearheading the GOP
effort to crush collective bargaining, lavished relatively large salary
increases on his staff when he was chief executive of the Milwaukee
County Board. Walker surreptitiously did this in 2008 - without the
approval of the county board itself and at a time that the county was
facing a fiscal deficit, and Walker was about to lay off a large
number of union workers. In addition, 700 county positions had already
been left vacant due to budgetary pressures.

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:23 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:I have been watching the live feed and I cant believe it!! thousands and thousands of people!
It should be us
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:24 pm

dont mention the surplus walker squandered on tax cuts
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:25 pm

would any republican be up in arms if we go back to the higher tax rates under their saint raygun
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:26 pm

kjps12 wrote:dont mention the surplus walker squandered on tax cuts

Where are the strong dems to call this crap out?? Boy if I was there they would be in trouble. I have a BIG MOUTH!

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:26 pm

anyone for iced tea
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:28 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
kjps12 wrote:dont mention the surplus walker squandered on tax cuts

Where are the strong dems to call this crap out?? Boy if I was there they would be in trouble. I have a BIG MOUTH!
it will get to that point im sure matter of time b4 chit hits the fan
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:52 pm

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/19/947241/-UPDATEEpic-Tea-Party-FAIL:-Anti-union-protesters-out-numbered-35-to-1-in-Madison!

A fun read & funny pics too!

Kat
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Kat wrote:http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/19/947241/-UPDATEEpic-Tea-Party-FAIL:-Anti-union-protesters-out-numbered-35-to-1-in-Madison!

A fun read & funny pics too!

HAHA Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 17 320446 Thanks for the post. They are SO stupid.

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:16 pm

The iced tea party came to a beer party. Such wimps!

See you in Columbus, OH, on Tuesday.

Perhaps we should start visiting the Tea Party functions and make laws like ending tax cuts for the rich.

Just kidding Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 17 630201

TR11005
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:52 pm

JaneWI wrote:I just got back from Madison. It was a nice, positive event with everyone upbeat for the occasion.

I was curious about some people that had "Legal Observer" signs taped across their chests and backs. They seemed to be the only people not smiling.

Upon entering the capital square area there were people with signs saying something to the effect of this is a peaceful demonstration.

I have never been so proud to be a citizen of the state of Wisconsin as I was today.

More to follow after I get my thoughts together and some pictures ready to upload. Smile
Thanks for sharing
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next