Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Call Rep. Dave Camp, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee NOW to Release H.R. 589 to the House of Representatives - All Calls Are Logged In By Staffers Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Call Rep. Dave Camp, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee NOW to Release H.R. 589 to the House of Representatives - All Calls Are Logged In By Staffers Cspan_live_play-1

Call Rep. Dave Camp, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee NOW to Release H.R. 589 to the House of Representatives - All Calls Are Logged In By Staffers Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Call Rep. Dave Camp, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee NOW to Release H.R. 589 to the House of Representatives - All Calls Are Logged In By Staffers

+9
nuttin2lose
Patriot
unemployed2long/1208
theend
kman
doreenb
aloneinpa
JaneWI
gigichicago
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Call Rep. Dave Camp, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee NOW to Release H.R. 589 to the House of Representatives - All Calls Are Logged In By Staffers Empty Call Rep. Dave Camp, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee NOW to Release H.R. 589 to the House of Representatives - All Calls Are Logged In By Staffers

Post by gigichicago Wed May 04, 2011 2:05 pm

TAKE ACTION NOW!

Call Representative Dave Camp and tell him to release H.R. 589 now to the House of Representatives. All the calls are logged in by the staffers, more calls may get his attention. Give your name and address to the staffer. The staffer will not ask for your name, so be prepared. I don't think the staffers are doing their jobs.

Doing something is better than sitting back and complaining.

Rep. Dave Camp
Washington's Office 202-225-3561
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Call Rep. Dave Camp, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee NOW to Release H.R. 589 to the House of Representatives - All Calls Are Logged In By Staffers Empty Re: Call Rep. Dave Camp, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee NOW to Release H.R. 589 to the House of Representatives - All Calls Are Logged In By Staffers

Post by JaneWI Wed May 04, 2011 2:09 pm

Thank you for sharing this information! Smile
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Call Rep. Dave Camp, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee NOW to Release H.R. 589 to the House of Representatives - All Calls Are Logged In By Staffers Empty Re: Call Rep. Dave Camp, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee NOW to Release H.R. 589 to the House of Representatives - All Calls Are Logged In By Staffers

Post by aloneinpa Wed May 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Definately request that they log your support for HR 589, they will not ask you if you want that done, you have to ask. Then they will ask your name ,address, and whether you have contacted your local representative concerning the matter.
aloneinpa
aloneinpa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Wed May 04, 2011 2:29 pm

aloneinpa wrote:Definately request that they log your support for HR 589, they will not ask you if you want that done, you have to ask. Then they will ask your name ,address, and whether you have contacted your local representative concerning the matter.

Very good point! Smile
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Wed May 04, 2011 2:33 pm

aloneinpa wrote:Definately request that they log your support for HR 589, they will not ask you if you want that done, you have to ask. Then they will ask your name ,address, and whether you have contacted your local representative concerning the matter.

Thank you for pointing this out to me. The staffer never asked so I called back and gave my name and address. My rep's staffers always ask, maybe it depends which office you are calling. Thanks again.
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Wed May 04, 2011 3:09 pm

What I dont understand is that im willing to work 2 or 3 part time jobs anything I can do, but no one will even give me 1 part or full time job, what the hell am I supposed to do???

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Wed May 04, 2011 3:23 pm

doreenb wrote:What I dont understand is that im willing to work 2 or 3 part time jobs anything I can do, but no one will even give me 1 part or full time job, what the hell am I supposed to do???

Boy, do I understand that feeling. Another thing I've noticed about a lot of the part time positions is they want you available any time day or night. Even if I could get one of those positions, it would be almost impossible to find another part time position to work around the first job.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kman Wed May 04, 2011 11:21 pm

IMO - these emplouers are just taking advantage!
kman
kman
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by theend Thu May 05, 2011 3:53 am

John Boehner speak of the house also might be good since hes the most powerful Repulican, He could make it happen!
And the one that said he would only support something coming from the ways and means committee!
http://www.speaker.gov/Blog/ If you look who he talk with,working people in suits

One Democrat did talk about us on the House floor Very Happy

theend
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Fri May 06, 2011 9:48 am

Bump!!!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Fri May 06, 2011 9:57 am

Just made the call today. I was surprised that the staffer asked for my name and address. It looks like many are calling his office because the staffer was very eager to take my information. Good work, people. Keep calling. Very easy thing to do and it's painless.
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Fri May 06, 2011 11:52 am

gigichicago wrote:Just made the call today. I was surprised that the staffer asked for my name and address. It looks like many are calling his office because the staffer was very eager to take my information. Good work, people. Keep calling. Very easy thing to do and it's painless.

YES!!!! CALL , CALL AND CALL!!!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Fri May 06, 2011 12:52 pm

OMG! I am getting pathetic! I read the titled post and obviously didn't read it well and I thought it said Camp is calling for the release of 589.. I didn't read the part saying "CALL David Camp".. to request he release it. There went my excitement! But I say this If they amended 589 to include the use of 14 weeks funding of unemployment and allow the states to use that for jobs creation instead of benefit payments to the long term unemployed i say it will be released for debates and passage! In other words maybe if they attached an amendment then naturally why would they keep it in committee any longer EXCEPT to gain support for it then release it??? Who knows! But I also say that they added the amendment or introduced a new bill because they know that 589 once released will PASS!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Fri May 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Just called (had 2 relatives call yesterday) and the staffer was pleasant while asking for my name and stating she will definitely let the Rep Camp know my support for HR 589 and to get it out of the Committee asap. I'm not sure where this is going or if its another delay tactic that they are famous for but hoping their is a strategy in progress because this just doesn't sound kosher to me!
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Fri May 06, 2011 5:59 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:OMG! I am getting pathetic! I read the titled post and obviously didn't read it well and I thought it said Camp is calling for the release of 589.. I didn't read the part saying "CALL David Camp".. to request he release it. There went my excitement! But I say this If they amended 589 to include the use of 14 weeks funding of unemployment and allow the states to use that for jobs creation instead of benefit payments to the long term unemployed i say it will be released for debates and passage! In other words maybe if they attached an amendment then naturally why would they keep it in committee any longer EXCEPT to gain support for it then release it??? Who knows! But I also say that they added the amendment or introduced a new bill because they know that 589 once released will PASS!

Did you call? I know we are all sitting on pins and needles. I do the same thing, I have to read the material twice before getting excited. That's how much we need that bill, our lives are hanging on to a thread.
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Sun May 08, 2011 7:45 pm

gigichicago wrote:TAKE ACTION NOW!

Call Representative Dave Camp and tell him to release H.R. 589 now to the House of Representatives. All the calls are logged in by the staffers, more calls may get his attention. Give your name and address to the staffer. The staffer will not ask for your name, so be prepared. I don't think the staffers are doing their jobs.

Doing something is better than sitting back and complaining.

Rep. Dave Camp
Washington's Office 202-225-3561

Basketball
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Mon May 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Please call. The staffer said she received a few calls today.
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Mon May 09, 2011 1:45 pm

gigichicago wrote:Please call. The staffer said she received a few calls today.

Plese everyone Call!!!! Call Rep. Dave Camp, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee NOW to Release H.R. 589 to the House of Representatives - All Calls Are Logged In By Staffers 618340

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Tue May 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Just called Rep. Camp about H.R. 589 and asked the staffer about the status of the bill. The answer, she doesn't know but the H.R. 1745 is waiting to be presented to the floor.

I asked how Rep. Camp can sleep nights knowing that millions of unemployed are suffering daily. No answer. So, your quess is as good as mine. Silence.

Any more questions about H.R. 589, ask Rep. Camp.
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Tue May 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Unless it is attached to a larger bill, there is no way Camp will act on 589 in his committee. Sad

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Tue May 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Where are all you 99ers??? This is unacceptable!!! Make your voices heard we are 5.5 million!!! and growing everyday!!! Contact Camp, tell your friends and family to contact him too!!!!!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Tue May 17, 2011 5:17 pm

doreenb wrote:Where are all you 99ers??? This is unacceptable!!! Make your voices heard we are 5.5 million!!! and growing everyday!!! Contact Camp, tell your friends and family to contact him too!!!!!

Thanks, doreenb.

I seems very difficult with the 99ers to become one unified voice and Washington knows it. That's why many social programs are being cut back, people aren't voicing their concern to their representatives. Sorry but true.
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrmarti Tue May 17, 2011 5:21 pm

I've been calling everyone - and faxing and e-mailing and tweeting - everyday -
mrmarti
mrmarti
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed, looking for work, likes to cook, read watch tv&movies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue May 17, 2011 6:10 pm

Me too. I have also sent several emails and faxes to Stabenow, Levin and Peters but I havent heard anything thing from them yet.
Kathy
Kathy
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Mon May 23, 2011 2:49 pm

Called Camp's office and left a message to release H.R. 589. The staffer told me that 589 is still in the H&W Committee which is no big surprise.

H.R. 1745 is a GOP attack to hurt the unemployed, call now and make a difference! It only takes a few minutes and it's worth the effort!
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next