Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Action plan. - Page 2 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Action plan. - Page 2 Cspan_live_play-1

Action plan. - Page 2 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Action plan.

+8
knarf
Jen
UPCHITCREEK
worrywart
theend
Exhausted99er
basketballjones
concernedinKY
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Action plan. - Page 2 Empty Re: Action plan.

Post by Patriot Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:50 pm

Strong suggestions from everyone! I just hope that we can get ALL the other unemployment organizations listed on this website to come together to make sure the 99ers are NOT excluded as they were with HR 4213 and nelp.org be damned! If the President can get his Dream Act and the HCR bill passed as he did then surely he can add amendments to forthcoming legislation and even a 2nd STIMULUS package that includes UI extension for all the unemployed thru June 2012 and a comprehensive Jobs bill with tax incentives to employers to HIRE seasoned unemployed who want to work. They have cut vital social service programs such as food stamps, WIA and the SAP training programs which only are 20 hrs a week and reduced it down to 12 hours a week minimum wage!!!! Enough is Enough! ALL the unemployed including the tons of websites begging us to click on, need to step up to the plate as this is our last chance. They are not going to finalize and then come back fighting once again when HR 4213 exhausts in December, they want ALL these crisis handled asap! So I'm for ALL the wonderful suggestions posted here but especially inclusion of the 99ers via HR 589 or a amendment to present legislation still being ironed out. We saw how easy the Republicans got their Bush Tax Cuts passed by holding HR 4213 hostage when the country is supposedly broke so LETS DO IT!
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Exhausted99er Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:09 pm

#AskObama at the First Ever Twitter @Townhall at the White House

The White House is all a-Twitter about an exciting event that's happening next week. On Wednesday, July 6th at 2pm ET, President Obama will answer your questions in the first ever Twitter Town Hall at the White House, and you're invited. Starting today, you can tweet your questions about jobs and the economy using the hashtag #AskObama and follow @townhall for the latest updates. Then, come back to watch the President respond to your questions in a live event moderated by Jack Dorsey, Twitter co-founder and Executive Chairman.

It will be streamed live Wednesday July 6 at 2:00 pm ET at http://askobama.twitter.com and http://wh.gov/live.

The "Twitter Town Hall" is focusing only on Jobs and the Economy!

Action plan. - Page 2 Wh-twi10

Tweet your questions to the President - don't forget the hashtag #AskObama!

If you don't have a twitter account, sign up today! Even if you don't tweet, just RETWEET your favorite questions!

Get involved! EUC08, with the 14 additional weeks added to Tier 1, must be included to the debt ceiling negotiations or everything will end on December 31, 2011!

If you don't tweet, please leave a question here and I will tweet it for you! Questions are pouring in now, and being retweeted over and over! Please join us in this Twitter Townhall with the President by either tweeting a question, or asking one.

Tweets are generally limited to 140 characters, however longer questions can be tweeted. Please keep in mind, the shorter the question and the ones that get right to the point will be more recognizable and more likely to be answered!

Exhausted99er
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:04 pm

When there are programs being cut, its hard to limit the questions to 140 characters. I'm not thrilled about this tweet the President, its just more of a delay tactic to drag this entire mess into the summer! Its been going on too long and still no resolution while MILLIONS suffer and they play their games! Add HR 589 as a Amendment and call a 2nd Stimulus, debt ceiling reduction OR Liverwurst, just get it done asap!
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Exhausted99er Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:13 am

Patriot wrote:When there are programs being cut, its hard to limit the questions to 140 characters. I'm not thrilled about this tweet the President, its just more of a delay tactic to drag this entire mess into the summer! Its been going on too long and still no resolution while MILLIONS suffer and they play their games! Add HR 589 as a Amendment and call a 2nd Stimulus, debt ceiling reduction OR Liverwurst, just get it done asap!
Believe me, I know how angry and frustrated everyone is. I am one of them. The next few weeks are crucial to any further unemployment extensions, including 14 additional weeks added to tier 1.

Anyone laid off after July 1 won't even be eligible for any Federal Extension. People receiving benefits now may never see a tier 2,3 or 4, or state EB. If extensions are going to be reauthorized, they have to be included in the debt ceiling negotiations. We need HR 589 included in that.

I just tweeted this:
#AskObama We need jobs and a safety net until then. Are talks about extending EUC08 with #HR589 included, going on in budget negotiations?

Also, according to the Whitehouse site, the President will be handling his own Facebook and Twitter accounts periodically. You never know when you will have your question answered personally. His answers will have "BO" after them so you will know they came directly from him.

Why NOT try this? When this is all said and done, if nothing comes of any of the advocacy campaigns, at least we can say we did not give up. I am not going to until I hear the President say "No more safeynets - unemployment extensions are over".

Exhausted99er
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:53 am

@Exhausted99er: Thanks, I know everyone is frustrated and I am not savvy when it comes to tweeting so thanks for posting a example or 2 of how to condense the tweet into the less than 140 characters. I will certainly do my part and get the word out as well. This is MAKE or BREAK at this late date and they know they have to do something about the 20 Million unemployed especially with HR 4213 ending in a few mos, I don't see them coming back AGAIN on that issue of extensions so ALL of this must be done in the coming days with the Democrats showing some FIRE & BRIMSTONE for a change! I heard about a 2nd Stimulus package on MSNBC but will be called by another name, Robert Reich said they can call it "Liverwurst" but something needs to be done to save the programs from the chopping block and help the unemployed in its totality, not just some! Thanks again!!!!
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2