Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 3 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 3 Cspan_live_play-1

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 3 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Extended benefits end in North Carolina April 16th

+8
tdan
JaneWI
Terrync
carolinamom18
pugsrit
mya11
Phillymg
tofer
12 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 3 Empty Re: Extended benefits end in North Carolina April 16th

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:57 pm

Good point to check your on line status and see what it says. If its active issues, then you may still be in just need to resolve whatever they are.

Back to top Go down

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 3 Empty Re: Extended benefits end in North Carolina April 16th

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:26 am

Need2Bworking wrote:Anyone still collecting EB can see the chart with NELP's predictions on when it will end in each state. They have been accurate:

http://www.nelp.org/page/-/UI/2011/nelp.eb.trigger.analysis.pdf?nocdn=1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:17 pm

According to NELP if the states don't
get busy adopting the three year lookback, Nevada will be the only
state paying EB by December

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:31 pm

anyone heard anything today on bill in NC legislature? Thanks

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by carolinamom18 Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:27 pm

tofer wrote:
carolinamom18 wrote:I didn't receive my benefits for this week. There was no notice from the NCESC, no mailing, nothing. When I called, they said my benefits ran out. I don't understand how they could just stop without giving notice. What am I supposed to do now?

when you did your filing these past couple of weeks, do you do it over the phone or the internet...on the internet, it is suppossed to give you a "warning" - 'You Have Two Weeks Or Less Of Benefits'.....even i've been extremely diligent in keeping track of the weeks and tiers, but i was even off by 1 week when tier 2 ended for me...i would at least give them a call...if you had ended one tier, you should automatically go to the next tier, if you ended your tiers all together, i would think that extended benefits would have kicked in at least until the april 16 deadline...you didn't miss any type of appointment where you were suppossed to go in and show your job searches -maybe it's something as simple as that and they can get you back on track...hope it works out well

I looked back, and I finished my 20th week of EB. But the NCESC site never gave me a "warning", and even allowed me to file my weekly certification for last week. Looks like I am finished receiving any benefits, and still no job.

carolinamom18
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:23 pm

carolinamom18 wrote:
tofer wrote:
carolinamom18 wrote:I didn't receive my benefits for this week. There was no notice from the NCESC, no mailing, nothing. When I called, they said my benefits ran out. I don't understand how they could just stop without giving notice. What am I supposed to do now?

when you did your filing these past couple of weeks, do you do it over the phone or the internet...on the internet, it is suppossed to give you a "warning" - 'You Have Two Weeks Or Less Of Benefits'.....even i've been extremely diligent in keeping track of the weeks and tiers, but i was even off by 1 week when tier 2 ended for me...i would at least give them a call...if you had ended one tier, you should automatically go to the next tier, if you ended your tiers all together, i would think that extended benefits would have kicked in at least until the april 16 deadline...you didn't miss any type of appointment where you were suppossed to go in and show your job searches -maybe it's something as simple as that and they can get you back on track...hope it works out well

I looked back, and I finished my 20th week of EB. But the NCESC site never gave me a "warning", and even allowed me to file my weekly certification for last week. Looks like I am finished receiving any benefits, and still no job.

Finished all Fed tiers as well? I hate it, I remember he day I was out period. We got lots of potential help sites here. Do you have 211 services in your area? They can help direct you to help facilities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:08 am

Need2Bworking wrote:
Need2Bworking wrote:Anyone still collecting EB can see the chart with NELP's predictions on when it will end in each state. They have been accurate:

http://www.nelp.org/page/-/UI/2011/nelp.eb.trigger.analysis.pdf?nocdn=1

Back to top Go down

Post by carolinamom18 Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:55 am

booniebeast wrote:
carolinamom18 wrote:
tofer wrote:

Finished all Fed tiers as well? I hate it, I remember he day I was out period. We got lots of potential help sites here. Do you have 211 services in your area? They can help direct you to help facilities.
I have not heard of 211, but thanks to you I will be calling for help. I appreciate your post. I am new to this site too.

carolinamom18
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:05 pm

carolinamom18 wrote:
booniebeast wrote:
carolinamom18 wrote:
tofer wrote:

I have not heard of 211, but thanks to you I will be calling for help. I appreciate your post. I am new to this site too.

Welcome Carolinamom18, you will find lots of helpful info and support here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:38 pm

Any word on how things are going in NC? when is the bill voted on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:03 pm

Need2Bworking wrote:Any word on how things are going in NC? when is the bill voted on?

Naw nothing in the local news and it would in the news in Charlotte quickly if something was announced. Like everything it'll be last minute if they do anything and our outdated computers will take a month to start releasing funds, so hold on!

Back to top Go down

Post by tofer Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:59 pm

hey...i've looked at the nc general assembly website...here's the history so far - looks like it has gone to a committee, i guess that's one step closer to reality...

04/05/2011HouseFiled

04/07/2011HousePassed 1st Reading

04/07/2011HouseRef to the Com on Commerce and Job Development, if favorable, Finance
tofer
tofer
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Accounting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:13 am

tofer wrote:hey...i've looked at the nc general assembly website...here's the history so far - looks like it has gone to a committee, i guess that's one step closer to reality...

04/05/2011HouseFiled

04/07/2011HousePassed 1st Reading

04/07/2011HouseRef to the Com on Commerce and Job Development, if favorable, Finance

I am always the optimist and believe they will approve it, so for whatever thats worth

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrync Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Charlotte NC is the host of the 2012 DNC..lets push this issue and get EB extended...

Terrync
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tofer Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:23 am

here's today's article from the raleigh tv station website wral...looks like the general assembly is willing to reinstate extended benefits but only if the governor gives up some bargaining rights with the budget...looks like extended benefits is now being used as a pawn.

GOP sees bargaining chip in jobless benefits

By Laura Leslie

State Senate Leader Phil Berger and House Speaker Thom Tillis announced today they’ll take action that would allow 37,000 jobless North Carolinians to keep receiving jobless benefits – but only if Governor Bev Perdue agrees to give up some of her bargaining power on the budget in return.

Earlier this month, the state was notified that a slight decrease in unemployment numbers had made the state ineligible for extended federal help. Unemployment officials say changing a formula in state law would allow the federal dollars to keep flowing.

Republican leaders say they’re willing to make the change, which won’t cost the state anything. But there’s a price to Perdue: the measure also includes a year-long “continuing resolution” to keep the state running at 87% of Perdue's recommended budget if she and lawmakers can’t agree on a spending plan.

Berger said today the spending provision was necessary to keep the state from a potential shutdown. “We don’t want to see the kind of brinksmanship we’ve seen in Washington,” he said, warning that public safety and schools could be at risk.

When questioned, Berger conceded he was not aware that any such shutdown had ever happened in North Carolina. But he says he’s concerned the governor might use a shutdown as a bargaining strategy.

Tillis and Berger said the provision is needed because Perdue is “playing politics.” When asked whether their measure wasn’t also “playing politics,” Tillis answered curtly, “We’re playing the hand we’ve been dealt.”

Watch the press conference at right.

Perdue spokeswoman Chrissy Pearson called the manuever "a little sneaky, but I'm not saying it isn't clever."

Pearson said it's too early to say whether Perdue would agree to the deal. "The governor has been looking out for the unemployed, and urging the legislature to do what it needs to do to extend the benefits," Pearson said. "But frankly, we're a little surprised that the General Assembly feels the need to consider a continuing resolution this early in the game.

Pearson said Perdue has done all she can to keep lines of communication open with GOP leaders. "I hope this is not an indication that they are throwing in the towel this early for any hopes of cooperation or collaboration to find a reasonable and balanced budget that moves this state forward."

Is Perdue planning to use a shutdown if budget talks hit an impasse? "That's the last thing we want to see," Pearson said. "We're two and half months out. We should have plenty of time to reach a compromise."
tofer
tofer
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:38 pm

Just received notice to report to ESC for my review for extended benefits. Received letter last week that my unemployment had ended. What the heck! I guess there will be no reason to go if the extended benefits are cut off. What do you think?

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:48 pm

mya11 wrote:Just received notice to report to ESC for my review for extended benefits. Received letter last week that my unemployment had ended. What the heck! I guess there will be no reason to go if the extended benefits are cut off. What do you think?

Show up as directed

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:10 pm

I will, I'm gathering all my job search records. I have 82 weeks worth. Thanks

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:16 pm

mya11 wrote:Just received notice to report to ESC for my review for extended benefits. Received letter last week that my unemployment had ended. What the heck! I guess there will be no reason to go if the extended benefits are cut off. What do you think?

Be sure to show up, if the bill gets passed you will be set .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:18 pm

mya11 wrote:I will, I'm gathering all my job search records. I have 82 weeks worth. Thanks

The letters are all computer generated, but it makes sense to me to show up and if they do extend, then you are clear and no additional delays. I still believe they will pass it as we have been crushed in NC and they know it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrync Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:46 pm

mya11, all you need is the work search record since you started EB, not all 82 weeks.I just had my review last week, they make a copy of one page of your search record and send you home.be sure you go in case the benefits are extended.

Terrync
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Thanks for that information. I will show up no matter what and will continue to support any bill that will help the long term unemployed.

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tofer Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:01 am

a friend of mine also received the letter this week...he said that his stated he only had to show 7 weeks...
tofer
tofer
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:00 am

The bill is now S584 (Senate Bill). I will keep checking in with the General Assembly website.

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tofer Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:11 pm

Smile
tofer
tofer
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next