Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 4 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 4 Cspan_live_play-1

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 4 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Extended benefits end in North Carolina April 16th

+8
tdan
JaneWI
Terrync
carolinamom18
pugsrit
mya11
Phillymg
tofer
12 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 4 Empty Re: Extended benefits end in North Carolina April 16th

Post by Phillymg Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Update from N2BW--

https://dawu.forumotion.com/t1835-timing-tight-in-nc-showdown-on-jobless-benefits

Big doings in NC legislature today & tomorrow. Prayers ongoing.....

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 4 616899

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 4 Empty Re: Extended benefits end in North Carolina April 16th

Post by JaneWI Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:20 pm

Phillymg wrote:Update from N2BW--

https://dawu.forumotion.com/t1835-timing-tight-in-nc-showdown-on-jobless-benefits

Big doings in NC legislature today & tomorrow. Prayers ongoing.....

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 4 616899

X2
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tdan Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:24 pm

I can't believe she did this. Purdue vetoed the bill!! What now!!
http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2011/apr/16/unemployment-benefits-bill-ratified-perdue-ponders-ar-953456/

tdan
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Let's flood her office with calls and emails.

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:17 pm

tdan wrote:I can't believe she did this. Purdue vetoed the bill!! What now!!
http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2011/apr/16/unemployment-benefits-bill-ratified-perdue-ponders-ar-953456/

The Republicans are playing their usual games. They need to make the unemployment a stand-alone bill. did with the Wealthy Tax Extensions! They like to play games with people's lives - it makes me outraged! Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 4 750548

Gov. Perdue said Friday she didnt know why unemployment benefits and budgets cuts were put into the same bill. It is exactly what the Republicans

These are two issues that don’t belong together. You have 37,000
individuals who really need these benefits and to play politics with
that is unconscionable in my mind. So I’m hoping that the General Assembly will decide this is the wrong move to make and then fix it very quickly so we can get these benefits they deserve,” Governor Perdue said.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:18 pm

mya11 wrote:Let's flood her office with calls and emails.

You also need to flood the Republicans because they are the ones playing games.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:25 pm

I started with her and I am working my way down the list. Republicans and Democrats, I don't care what party they are part of. This needs to be resolved.

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:08 pm

tdan wrote:I can't believe she did this. Purdue vetoed the bill!! What now!!

I can't believe she vetoed the bill, time for an email, fax and phone calling campaign.

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:20 pm

I've already started, hope everyone else is on board.

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tofer Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:19 pm

i will do my part to make my voice heard...
tofer
tofer
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Accounting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:38 pm

She calls it as it is - exhortation and dereliction of duty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwkD8Kyb96A

They are going to have start from scratch and hopefully this time they will get it right!
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:24 pm

This
Sunrise wrote:She calls it as it is - exhortation and dereliction of duty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwkD8Kyb96A

They are going to have start from scratch and hopefully this time they will get it right!

This lady should have never been elected Gov, she had the political power but not the intelligence. Pat McCrory was by far the best, but water under the bidge now. I hate it for those affected but it appears she made the right decision here. Hang on, it'll get done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:35 am

I don't blame the Governor persay because of the budget cuts Amendments that the Republicans put onto the bill that would have crippled the state and millions of residents, its the usual repetitive games that those political asses play at the expense of the American people because they are allowed to do so, look at HR 4213 and the amendments unrelated to unemployed that were added to that bill and also same with HR 3548. Hopefully there will be a compromise IF the people in that state VOICE their outrage to the media and the Reps who are suppose to be representing them. I will continue to FLOOD the US Reps with emails for HR 589 after 2 years the 99ers can't continue this political charade.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:49 am

I went on the ESC and filed this morning, is that right? I was not sure since I file on Sunday and not Saturday. It was accepted, but will it be paid for this week. Does anyone know? Thanks

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:11 am

If you were collecting EB in NC and it is discontinued as of the 16th of April you should be paid through the 16th of April.

If the system allows you to keep filing-do that, if the three year lookback is passed it will expedite the backpay if you have continued to file.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:57 pm

As Boonie & Patriot pointed out.....the Repubs in NC don't want to pass the Three Year Lookback. They don't want unemployed to get a single penny more of UC benefits. That's why they attached the TYL to a bill that they *knew* the Dem Gov would be forced to veto. Hopefully now someone in the NC legislature will propose a standalone TYL bill soon.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tdan Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:52 pm

But I don't understand why she was "forced" to veto it. It seems her priority should be the unemployed losing her benefits like she said. It seems she just didn't want to give in to the republicans.

tdan
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:42 pm

This article explains why the NC Gov was forced to veto--

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9MJL8MG0.htm

Republican leaders have tied extended benefits to a plan that forces Perdue to accept a 13 percent spending cut from her proposal for the entire budget year starting in July.
Agreeing to such a cut would harm seniors & the disabled on medicare & medicaid.....would harm low-income families on food stamps & TANF & housing assistance.....would harm children in public schools.....would reduce the number of firefighters & police. Etc.

By not getting out in front of the Extended Benefits issue the Gov allowed the Republicans to play her like a fiddle.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:17 pm

Hopefully they will introduce a standalone bill. I would keep the emails, faxes and calls going to put the pressure on them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Phillymg wrote:This article explains why the NC Gov was forced to veto--

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9MJL8MG0.htm

Republican leaders have tied extended benefits to a plan that forces Perdue to accept a 13 percent spending cut from her proposal for the entire budget year starting in July.
Agreeing to such a cut would harm seniors & the disabled on medicare & medicaid.....would harm low-income families on food stamps & TANF & housing assistance.....would harm children in public schools.....would reduce the number of firefighters & police. Etc.

By not getting out in front of the Extended Benefits issue the Gov allowed the Republicans to play her like a fiddle.

I just read about this....how can this keep happening?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:25 pm

mya11 wrote:I went on the ESC and filed this morning, is that right? I was not sure since I file on Sunday and not Saturday. It was accepted, but will it be paid for this week. Does anyone know? Thanks

You filed for the week ending April 16, so it should paid but it'll be the last on pending a resolution.

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:15 pm

Yes, it was in my account today. Not sure how live anymore frugal than I do now.

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:06 am

Now NC is one of the state devastated by those horrible storms! Is God angry at her children on this planet or is God disappointed at her children on in this planet! Its has certainly been one hell of a Winter and Spring starting with the earthquake - Tsunami in Japan and the Blizzard of 2011 in the USA etc etc.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tofer Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:32 pm

i read an article on wral.com today...it seems that there was a rally at the state capital today regarding the unemployed and the extended benefits...i heard nothing on the news these last few days nor saw any article on the local tv websites or i would have gone...but i've learned one thing - that is the people that post comments on the wral.com news stories about unemployment are clueless and heartless...i don't want to wish unemployment on anyone, but many need to see what it feels like...
tofer
tofer
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Accounting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:25 pm

tofer wrote:i read an article on wral.com today...it seems that there was a rally at the state capital today regarding the unemployed and the extended benefits...i heard nothing on the news these last few days nor saw any article on the local tv websites or i would have gone...but i've learned one thing - that is the people that post comments on the wral.com news stories about unemployment are clueless and heartless...i don't want to wish unemployment on anyone, but many need to see what it feels like...

Hang in there, Tofer and don't let the comments of the fortunate and ignorant get to you. Most people don't have a clue until it happens to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next